8 Best Idioms For Love With Meaning
English Idioms for Love With Meaning, expressions, and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For ESL Students idioms for Love With Meaning are difficult to grasp, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, ELL students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners contend with comprehending the true meaning and established usage. This idioms list of Love With Meaning makes learning effortless, with common Love With Meaning idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Love With Meaning together.
Idioms for Love With Meaning with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Head Over Heels
Definition and Meaning: Head Over Heels
The expression “head over heels” means to fall completely in love.
Head Over Heels Example Sentences:
- They’re head over heels for each other.
- Everyone knows that Emmanuel is head over heels in love with you.
- I’d never experienced falling head over heels for someone until I met her.
- Freya is the only woman I’ve ever fallen head over heels for.
- You’re head over heels for him but you don’t know his last name?
2. Apple Of One’s Eye
Definition and Meaning: Apple Of One’s Eye
The expression “apple of one’s eye” means someone who is special to somebody.
Apple Of One’s Eye Example Sentences:
- I’m the apple of my parents’ eye, I think.
- You’re the apple of my eye, no one else.
- His daughter is so cute and charming that she’s the apple of everyone’s eye.
- Kayla has so much charm and she’s the apple of her family’s eye.
- The apple of my eye is all grown up!
3. Love Conquers All
Definition and Meaning: Love Conquers All
The expression “love conquers all” means that love is stronger than anything else and can overcome any obstacle.
Love Conquers All Example Sentences:
- No matter how difficult the situation may be, remember that love conquers all.
- When it comes to relationships, love conquers all obstacles.
- My parents have been married for over 50 years, proving that love conquers all.
- No matter how much distance may separate us, I know that love conquers all.
4. Take One’s Breath Away
Definition and Meaning: Take One’s Breath Away
The expression “take one’s breath away” describes a person or thing that inspires or causes great emotion.
Take One’s Breath Away Example Sentences:
- He took my breath away the first time I saw him.
- Someone who takes your breath away doesn’t always mean a good thing.
- Ellis took Denny’s breath away at their high school reunion.
- I didn’t believe him when he said I took his breath away.
- This view takes my breath away each time. I can stay here forever.
5. Love Makes The World Go Round
Definition and Meaning: Love Makes The World Go Round
The phrase “love makes the world go round” is a proverb that means that love is the most important thing in the world.
Love Makes The World Go Round Example Sentences:
- My parents have been married for over 50 years, and I truly believe that love makes the world go round.
- My friends and I are always there for each other, and I think that’s proof that love makes the world go round.
6. Tie The Knot
Definition and Meaning: Tie The Knot
The expression “tie the knot” means to get married.
Tie The Knot Example Sentences:
- They’ve decided to tie the knot next year,
- I didn’t know they tied the knot already.
- I thought you tied the knot ages ago.
- When will you tie the knot?
- We want to tie the knot as soon as possible.
7. Whisper Sweet Nothings
Definition and Meaning: Whisper Sweet Nothings
The expression “whisper sweet nothings” means the sappy and corny things couples say to each other.
Whisper Sweet Nothings Example Sentences:
- They’re always whispering sweet nothings in public.
- Maybe I’m not romantic but the idea of whispering sweet nothings makes me gag.
- I just want to say that when you whisper sweet nothings in public, it makes us uncomfortable.
- I’m perfectly fine whispering sweet nothing in the moment as long as it’s not in public.
- I might like it if you whisper sweet nothings to me. Do you want to give it a try?
8. Puppy Love
Definition and Meaning: Puppy Love
The expression “puppy love” means young love, or rather a temporary infatuation felt by someone young, a crush.
Puppy Love Example Sentences:
- Puppy love is adorable, but we don’t give that any attention or encouragement at home.
- That I have to deal with my children’s puppy love makes me hurl.
- Parents are often tickled pink when they learn their kids have puppy love. I think it’s toxic.
- I think you guys were each other’s puppy love in kindergarten. It was sweet.
- My son just brought a girl in his class some flowers he picked on the street.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and meanings?
|Idioms For Health|
|Idioms For Drinking|
|Idioms For Clothes|
|Idioms For Having A Bad Day|
|Idioms For Daily Use|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.