5 Important Idioms For Love
English Idioms for Love, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For people learning English idioms for Love are confusing to take in and absorb, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Love, students learning English must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners come across in comprehending the true meaning and proper usage. This idioms list of Love makes learning painless, with common Love idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Love together.
Idioms for Love with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Apple Of One’s Eye
Definition and Meaning: Apple Of One’s Eye
This expression is used to call someone that one cherishes, loves, or values the most.
Apple Of One’s Eye Example Sentences:
- I don’t need a relationship. Food is the apple of my eye.
- You’re the apple of Mackie’s eye. Everyone knows it.
- Jin is the apple of Allen’s eye.
- Was the girl he brought to the party apple of his eye?
- He’ll never do that to you. You’re the apple of his eye, don’t you know?
2. Head Over Heels
Definition and Meaning: Head Over Heels
The expression means to fall madly in love with someone.
Head Over Heels Example Sentences:
- The moment Shin talked to Roberta, she was head over heels.
- Look at how much he’s head over heels for him.
- It’s our tenth-year anniversary but I’m still head over heels for you.
- She just wants to know what it feels like to have someone be head over heels for her.
- Liam hasn’t been head over heels for someone until he met Sandra.
3. A Match Made In Heaven
Definition and Meaning: A Match Made In Heaven
The expression “a match made in heaven” is a way of describing a well-suited pairing of people or things
A Match Made In Heaven Example Sentences:
- Many people agree that they’re a match made in heaven!
- Shaun and Riega are a match made in heaven.
- I’ve never seen a better match made in heaven than you two.
4. Take Someone’s Breath Away
Definition and Meaning: Take Someone’s Breath Away
The expression “take someone’s breath away” describes the feeling when you meet someone who is very impressive or someone with extreme beauty or attractiveness.
Take Someone’s Breath Away Example Sentences:
- It rarely happens but he took my breath away.
- Are you waiting for someone to take your breath away? Good luck!
- I already liked him but after an hour of conversation, he took my breath away.
- She definitely took the interview panel’s breath away.
5. Heart And Soul
Definition and Meaning: Heart And Soul
The phrase “heart and soul” is used to describe someone who is very passionate about something.
Heart And Soul Example Sentences:
- She put her heart and soul into her work, and it showed in the results.
- He was devoted to his family with all his heart and soul.
- She sang the song with heart and soul, and the audience was moved.
- He was a passionate artist who put his heart and soul into his paintings.
- She was determined to succeed and gave it her all with heart and soul.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|Helpful Idioms For Afraid|
|Common Idioms For Scared|
|Useful Idioms For Being Happy|
|Helpful Idioms For Emotions|
|Helpful Idioms For Being Upset|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.