9 Top Idioms For Memorable Moments
For people learning English idioms for Memorable Moments are difficult to get one’s head around, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners struggle with comprehending the true meaning and acceptable usage. This idioms list of Memorable Moments makes learning easygoing, with common Memorable Moments idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Memorable Moments together.
Idioms for Memorable Moments with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Kodak Moment
Definition and Meaning: Kodak Moment
The phrase “Kodak moment” is used to describe a moment that is so special or memorable that it should be captured on film.
Kodak Moment Example Sentences:
- We had a Kodak moment when our daughter took her first steps.
- We captured a Kodak moment when our son graduated from college.
- We had a Kodak moment when our family gathered for the holidays.
- We had a Kodak moment when our son got married.
- We had a Kodak moment when our daughter was born.
2. A Real Winner
Definition and Meaning: A Real Winner
The expression “a real winner” is used to describe someone who is successful in everything they do.
A Real Winner Example Sentences:
- She’s a real winner in the eyes of her family, always achieving the highest grades in school.
- His new invention is a real winner, already gaining a lot of attention from investors.
- She’s a real winner in the business world, having made a fortune in just a few years.
- His new song is a real winner, already topping the charts.
- His speech was a real winner, leaving the audience in awe.
Definition and Meaning: Show-Stopper
The expression “show-stopper” is used to describe a problem that is so severe that it cannot be ignored or overcome.
Show-Stopper Example Sentences:
- The new software update was a show-stopper for the project, as it caused the system to crash.
- The lack of funding was a show-stopper for the research team, as they could not continue without it.
- The broken elevator was a show-stopper for the building, as it prevented people from accessing the upper floors.
- The missing ingredient was a show-stopper for the chef, as the dish could not be completed without it.
- The power outage was a show-stopper for the concert, as the equipment could not be used without electricity.
Definition and Meaning: Attention-Grabber
The expression “attention-grabber” is used to describe something that is designed to get someone’s attention.
Attention-Grabber Example Sentences:
- She wore a bright red dress that was an attention-grabber at the party.
- His speech was full of jokes and anecdotes that made it an attention-grabber.
- The new product launch was an attention-grabber with its flashy presentation.
- The band’s performance was an attention-grabber with its loud music and bright lights.
- The billboard was an attention-grabber with its bold colors and catchy slogan.
Definition and Meaning: Jaw-Dropper
The expression “jaw-dropper” is used to describe something that is so surprising or unexpected that it causes someone’s jaw to drop in disbelief.
Jaw-Dropper Example Sentences:
- His new car was a real jaw-dropper; it was the most expensive one in the showroom.
- When she saw the size of her tax bill, it was a real jaw-dropper.
- His performance on the piano was a jaw-dropper; everyone was amazed.
- The bride’s dress was a jaw-dropper; it was the most beautiful one I had ever seen.
- His new invention was a jaw-dropper; it was revolutionary and changed the industry.
Definition and Meaning: Head-Turner
A head-turner is someone who is so attractive that they cause people to turn their heads when they walk by.
Head-Turner Example Sentences:
- She was a real head-turner in her new dress at the party.
- His new car was a real head-turner on the highway.
- His new hairstyle was a head-turner at the office.
- Her performance was a head-turner at the talent show.
- His new invention was a head-turner at the tech conference.
Definition and Meaning: Heart-Stopper
The expression “heart-stopper” is used to describe something that is so intense or exciting that it causes your heart to stop beating.
Heart-Stopper Example Sentences:
- The roller coaster ride was a real heart-stopper!
- When the fire alarm went off, it was a heart-stopper for everyone in the building.
- The lightning storm was a heart-stopper for the kids.
- When the car skidded on the ice, it was a heart-stopper for the driver.
Definition and Meaning: Stomach-Turner
The phrase “stomach-turner” is used to describe something that is so unpleasant or nauseating that it makes you feel sick to your stomach.
Stomach-Turner Example Sentences:
- The horror movie was such a stomach-turner that I had to leave the theater halfway through.
- The sight of the mangled car after the accident was a real stomach-turner.
- The gruesome details of the crime were a stomach-turner for the jury.
- The smell of the rotting garbage was a stomach-turner for the neighbors.
- The images of animal cruelty were a stomach-turner for the activists.
9. A Real Knockout
Definition and Meaning: A Real Knockout
The expression “a real knockout” is used to describe someone who is extremely attractive.
A Real Knockout Example Sentences:
- She was a real knockout in her new dress at the party.
- His new car is a real knockout.
- The new restaurant is a real knockout.
- His new song is a real knockout.
- Her new hairstyle is a real knockout.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and meanings?
|Common Idioms For Poor Family|
|Helpful Idioms For A Crowded Place|
|Important Idioms For Dishonesty|
|Useful Idioms For Hardwork|
|Helpful Idioms For Cute|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.