5 Top Idioms For Missing Friends
English Idioms for Missing Friends, expressions, and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For ESL Students idioms for Missing Friends are frustrating to get one’s head around, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Missing Friends, language learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run into comprehending the true meaning and acceptable usage. This list of idioms for Missing Friends makes learning easy as ABC, with common Missing Friends idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Missing Friends together.
Idioms for Missing Friends with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. You’re Sorely Missed
Definition and Meaning: You’re Sorely Missed
The speaker is feeling lonely and wishes that the person they are speaking to was with them.
You’re Sorely Missed Example Sentences:
- Hurry back. You’re sorely missed.
- We had a party with the gang. You’re sorely missed.
- You know you’re sorely missed. You’re the life of the party.
- Everyone says you’re sorely missed. You probably didn’t think you meant this much to many.
- Can’t wait to see you again. You’re sorely missed. Always.
2. I’m Feeling Blue Without You
Definition and Meaning: I’m Feeling Blue Without You
The speaker is expressing sadness that someone is away and not with them.
I’m Feeling Blue Without You Example Sentences:
- I’m feeling blue without you. When are you coming for a visit?
- Spring break feels like a universe away. I’m feeling blue without you.
- Today is especially difficult. I’m feeling blue without you.
- I can’t help it but I’m feeling blue without you. Come visit soon.
- “I’m feeling blue without you,” I overheard my son on the phone with his friend.
3. I’m At A Loss Without You
Definition and Meaning: I’m At A Loss Without You
The speaker is expressing that they don’t feel themselves 100% without their friend of the person they’re missing.
I’m At A Loss Without You Example Sentences:
- I usually know what to do when you’re beside me. But right now I’m at a loss without you.
- I’m at a loss without you, man. I need my wingman back.
- I’d like to think I’m pretty independent but I’m at a loss without you.
- Our hometown is still as boring as counting grass. I’m at a loss without you
- You have no idea what it’s like to be alone in this hellhole. I’m at a loss without you
4. It’s Not The Same Without You
Definition and Meaning: It’s Not The Same Without You
The speaker is expressing a desire for the person they are speaking to be present because the experience isn’t as meaningful without them around.
It’s Not The Same Without You Example Sentences:
- John and I went to see the parade, but it’s not the same without you.
- It’s not the same without you. It’s more boring than ever.
- We try to have fun but it’s not the same without you. I hope you know that.
5. You’re On My Mind A Lot
Definition and Meaning: You’re On My Mind A Lot
The speaker is saying that they’re thinking about the person they miss.
You’re On My Mind A Lot Example Sentences:
- Of course, I miss you. You’re on my mind a lot.
- Are you okay over there now? You’re on my mind a lot these days.
- Ever since you decided to move away, you’re on my mind a lot.
- You’re on my mind a lot. I just wish you are doing well over there.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|Helpful Idioms For A Bad Situation|
|Everyday Idioms For Understanding Something|
|Top Idioms For Long Time|
|Common Idioms For Bad|
|Useful Idioms For Cheap Price|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.