4 Best Idioms For Missing Someone
English Idioms for Missing Someone, expressions, and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For ESL Students idioms for Missing Someone are hard to make sense of, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Missing Someone, English learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run across comprehending the true meaning and correct usage. This list of idioms for Missing Someone makes learning easy as ABC, with common Missing Someone idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Missing Someone together.
Idioms for Missing Someone with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Miss Someone To Pieces/To Bits/To The Moon And Back
Definition and Meaning: Miss Someone To Pieces/To Bits/To The Moon And Back
This means to miss someone or something extremely.
Miss Someone To Pieces/To Bits/To The Moon And Back Example Sentences:
- I miss the city to bits.
- When will you visit? I miss you to pieces.
- I’ve missed you to bits. I’m so glad you took the trip.
- She misses them to pieces but she can’t travel this year.
- We missed them to the moon and back. We can’t believe they’re here.
2. Miss The Boat
Definition and Meaning: Miss The Boat
The expression “miss the boat” means to lose a chance or an opportunity by being slow to act or being too late.
Miss The Boat Example Sentences:
- I believe you missed the boat. The discount ended yesterday.
- Please book the tickets within the hour. I don’t want to miss the boat.
- They waited till the afternoon to place their bid so they missed the boat.
- You’ll regret it when you miss the boat so buy it now.
- We’ll miss the boat if we wait too long to sign the contract.
3. Not Miss A Beat
Definition and Meaning: Not Miss A Beat
The expression “not miss a beat” means to do something without pause or uncertainty.
Not Miss A Beat Example Sentences:
- “I’ll take it,” he said without missing a beat.
- The lady in pink didn’t miss a beat to place her bid.
- I won’t miss a beat, don’t worry.
- He ran to break her fall without missing a beat.
- Without missing a beat, he smirked to land the joke.
4. Miss The Mark
Definition and Meaning: Miss The Mark
The expression “miss the mark” means failing to achieve the intended result.
Miss The Mark Example Sentences:
- They missed the mark with this campaign.
- If that’s how the people reacted, then we’ve missed the mark.
- Our company usually invites a test audience to make sure we don’t miss the mark.
- Their boss didn’t like the proposal so Maya missed the mark on that one.
- He must’ve missed the mark because the client pulled out of the deal suddenly.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and meanings?
|Common Idioms For Laughing|
|Helpful Idioms For Cool|
|Common Idioms For Bad|
|Useful Idioms For Agreeing With Someone|
|Best Idioms For Liking Something|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.