5 Useful Idioms For New Beginning
English Idioms for New Beginning use expressions and proverbs that are an essential part of the English language. Both spoken and written English is filled with them.
For English Learners idioms are confusing to take in and absorb, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, English students must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners struggle with comprehending the true meaning and correct usage. This list of idioms for New Beginning makes learning painless, with common New Beginning idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice. Bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let’s learn about idioms for New Beginning together.
Idioms for New Beginning with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. A New Leaf
Definition and Meaning: A New Leaf
The expression “a new leaf” is often used to describe someone who is starting fresh, or making a new start.
A New Leaf Example Sentences:
- After his divorce, he decided to turn over a new leaf and focus on his career
- She was determined to turn over a new leaf and start eating healthier
- After his release from prison, he vowed to turn over a new leaf and stay out of trouble
- After years of bad decisions, he finally decided to turn over a new leaf and make better choices
- After years of partying, she decided to turn over a new leaf and focus on her studies
2. A New Perspective
Definition and Meaning: A New Perspective
The expression “a new perspective” means looking at something from a different point of view.
A New Perspective Example Sentences:
- After taking a trip to a different country, I gained a new perspective on life
- After talking to my friend about her struggles, I have a new perspective on how to handle difficult situations
- After reading a book about a different culture, I have a new perspective on how people view the world
- After attending a seminar on a different topic, I have a new perspective on how to approach problems
- After listening to a podcast about a different point of view, I have a new perspective on how to think about certain issues
3. A New Page
Definition and Meaning: A New Page
The expression “A new page” means starting something new.
A New Page Example Sentences:
- After graduating college, she was ready to turn the page and start a new page in her life
- After the election, the country was ready to start a new page in its history
- After the divorce, he was ready to write a new page in his life
- After the pandemic, the world was ready to start a new page in its story
- After the scandal, the company was ready to turn the page and start a new page in its future
4. A New Chapter
Definition and Meaning: A New Chapter
The beginning of a new chapter in a book is typically the start of a new story because it signals a change in time, place, or characters.
A New Chapter In A Book Example Sentences:
- As the author opened a new chapter in the book, the readers were eager to find out what the new story would be about
- After a long and difficult journey, the protagonist was ready to start a new chapter in the book and begin a new story
- The author was excited to write a new chapter in the book, as it would be the start of a brand-new story
- The readers were surprised when the author started a new chapter in the book, as they had not expected a new story to begin
5. A New Day Brings New Opportunities
Definition and Meaning: A New Day Brings New Opportunities
The expression means that each new day brings with it the chance to do something new and different.
A New Day Brings New Opportunities Example Sentences:
- As the sun rises, I’m reminded that a new day brings new opportunities to make something great happen
- I’m so excited to start this new project A new day brings new opportunities to make it a success!
- I’m feeling refreshed and ready to take on the world A new day brings new opportunities to make my dreams come true.
- I’m ready to take on the challenges of the day A new day brings new opportunities to make something amazing happen.
- I’m ready to start this new chapter in my life A new day brings new opportunities to make it the best one yet!
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage and meanings?
|Useful Idioms For Lost|
|Top Idioms For Hard|
|Helpful Idioms For Mixed Emotions|
|Best Idioms For A Long Time|
|Useful Idioms For Loved Ones|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it's important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she's not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.
Improve your English Faster with Lilly!
An Artificial Intelligent Tutor!
How long will it take you to improve your English?
Design, write and practice your own phrases or learn 3,500+ premade English phrases with Lilly!