English Idioms for Parties, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Learners idioms are difficult to make sense of, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Parties, learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run up against comprehending the true meaning and suitable usage. This list of idioms for Parties makes learning straightforward, with common Parties idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Parties together.
Idioms for Parties with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Get This Party Started
Definition and Meaning: Get This Party Started
The expression “get this party started” is used to encourage someone to begin a party or to get the party going.
Get This Party Started Example Sentences:
- Let’s get this party started with some music!
- It’s time to get this party started – who’s ready to have some fun.
- Let’s get this party started – who’s bringing the snacks.
- It’s time to get this party started – let’s break out the decorations!
- Let’s get this party started – who’s ready to dance.
2. Let Your Hair Down
Definition and Meaning: Let Your Hair Down
The expression means that it is time to relax and have some fun.
Let Your Hair Down Example Sentences:
- It’s Friday night, so it’s time to let your hair down and have some fun!
- We just finished our exams, so it’s time to let your hair down.
- Let your hair down on the weekend so you can re-energize.
- We just got our paychecks, so it’s time to let your hair down.
- It’s your birthday, so it’s time to let your hair down and concentrate on having fun.
3. Paint The Town Red
Definition and Meaning: Paint The Town Red
The expression “paint the town red” means to have a lot of fun or to celebrate.
Paint The Town Red Example Sentences:
- After winning the championship, the whole team decided to paint the town red and celebrate their victory.
- After a long week of studying, the college students decided to paint the town red and let loose.
- After getting a promotion, my friend decided to paint the town red and treat himself to a night out.
- After getting engaged, the couple decided to paint the town red and celebrate their new commitment.
- After a successful business deal, the CEO decided to paint the town red and reward his team.
4. Party Hard
Definition and Meaning: Party Hard
The expression “party hard” means to party vigorously or excessively.
Party Hard Example Sentences:
- My friends and I are going to party hard this weekend!
- We’re going to hit the clubs and party hard tonight!
5. Get Your Groove On
Definition and Meaning: Get Your Groove On
The expression “get your groove on” means to start dancing or moving to music.
Get Your Groove On Example Sentences:
- It’s time to get your groove on and dance the night away!
- Put on your dancing shoes and get your groove on!
- It’s time to get your groove on and show them what you got!
6. Get Down And Dirty
Definition and Meaning: Get Down And Dirty
The expression “get down and dirty” is used to describe someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to achieve their goals, even if it means getting their hands dirty.
Get Down And Dirty Example Sentences:
- I’m ready to get down and dirty and start working on this project
- We need to get down and dirty and figure out what’s causing this problem
- If you want to get the job done, you have to get down and dirty
- I’m not afraid to get down and dirty and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Let’s get down and dirty and start cleaning up this mess
7. Get Wild And Crazy
Definition and Meaning: Get Wild And Crazy
The expression “get wild and crazy” is often used to describe someone who is acting out in a reckless or uncontrolled manner.
Get Wild And Crazy Example Sentences:
- Let’s get wild and crazy and go out dancing all night!
- We should get wild and crazy and dye our hair pink!
- Let’s get wild and crazy and go skydiving this weekend!
- Let’s get wild and crazy and take a road trip to the beach!
- Let’s get wild and crazy and go bungee jumping!
8. Social Butterfly
Definition and Meaning: Social Butterfly
The expression “social butterfly” is often used to describe someone who is sociable, outgoing, and always participates in social events.
Social Butterfly Example Sentences:
- I wish I was a social butterfly but Saturday’s launch is more your style.
- Alexa is known to be the social butterfly of their group.
- Being a social butterfly requires a lot of energy, money, and connections.
- Damon is a social butterfly so I wouldn’t worry about him moving.
- Easy for you to say. I don’t have your charm as a social butterfly.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and meanings?
|Top Idioms For Birthdays|
|Top Idioms For Birthday Wishes|
|Best Idioms For Thanksgiving|
|Everyday Idioms For Birthday|
|Everyday Idioms For Halloween|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!