English Idioms for Perseverance, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Learners idioms for Perseverance are hard to understand, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Perseverance, learners must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners come across comprehending the true meaning and right usage. This list of idioms for Perseverance makes learning effortless, with common Perseverance idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Perseverance together.
Idioms for Perseverance with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Keep Your Head Up
Definition and Meaning: Keep Your Head Up
The expression “keep your head up” is often used to encourage someone to maintain a positive attitude and to not give up.
Keep Your Head Up Example Sentences:
- Don’t worry, keep your head up and you’ll get through this difficult time.
- I know you’re feeling down, but keep your head up and you’ll find a way to make it work.
- No matter what happens, keep your head up and stay positive.
- Things may seem tough right now, but keep your head up and you’ll get through it.
- I know it’s hard, but keep your head up and you’ll find a way to succeed.
2. Never Say Never
Definition and Meaning: Never Say Never
The expression “never say never” means that you should never say that you will never do something because nothing is impossible.
Never Say Never Example Sentences:
- I thought I’d never want to go back to school, but never say never!
- I thought I’d never be able to afford a house, but never say never!
- I thought I’d never find someone to love, but never say never!
- I never thought I’d see the day when she’d be late for our meeting, but I guess never say never.
- I know you said you’d never date him, but I think you should give him a chance. Never say never!
3. Try Again
Definition and Meaning: Try Again
The expression “try again” is often used to encourage someone to keep trying even if they have failed in the past.
Try Again Example Sentences:
- I’m sorry I didn’t get the answer right, I’ll try again.
- I tried to fix the broken pipe, but it didn’t work. I guess I’ll have to try again.
- I tried to bake a cake but it didn’t turn out right. I’ll try again tomorrow.
- If at first you don’t succeed, try again.
- I know you’re upset, but please try again.
4. Practice Makes Perfect
Definition and Meaning: Practice Makes Perfect
The expression “practice makes perfect” means that the more you practice something, the better you will become at it.
Practice Makes Perfect Example Sentences:
- If you want to become a great pianist, remember that practice makes perfect!
- I know I’m not the best singer out there. But practice makes perfect.
- I’m not the best at math, but I’m trying, and practice makes perfect.
- You will see improvement in your craft with consistency because practice makes perfect.
- It’s okay if you make mistakes as a beginner. Practice makes perfect, so don’t give up.
5. Rome Wasn’t Built In A Day
Definition and Meaning: Rome Wasn’t Built In A Day
The expression means that it takes time to build or create something great.
Rome Wasn’t Built In A Day Example Sentences:
- Don’t expect to become a master chef overnight. Rome wasn’t built in a day!
- I know you’re frustrated with your progress in learning Spanish, but Rome wasn’t built in a day.
- Don’t give up on your dream of starting a business – Rome wasn’t built in a day!
- It takes time to build a successful relationship. Rome wasn’t built in a day after all.
- Don’t expect to become an expert in web design overnight – Rome wasn’t built in a day!
6. Slow And Steady
Definition and Meaning: Slow And Steady
The expression “slow and steady” is often used to describe a person or thing that is not flashy or exciting, but is reliable and always makes progress.
Slow And Steady Example Sentences:
- I’m not looking for a quick fix, I’m taking the slow and steady approach.
- The tortoise won the race because he was slow and steady.
- I’m going to take the slow and steady approach with my diet and exercise.
- We need to be slow and steady in doing this project.
- Follow the steps carefully and be slow and steady.
7. When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going
Definition and Meaning: When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going
The expression means that when things are difficult, strong people will continue to try and do what is necessary.
When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going Example Sentences:
- When the going gets tough, the tough get going and find a way to succeed.
- When the going gets tough, the tough get going. We fight for what we believe.
- He’s living proof that when the going gets tough, the tough get going.
- Challenges can dampen our spirit but remember that when the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage and meanings?
|10 Best Idioms For Close Relationship|
|8 Top Idioms For Change|
|7 Best Idioms For Heart Beating Fast|
|8 Best Idioms For Losing Patience|
|8 Helpful Idioms For Kind|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!