9 Helpful Idioms For Personality Traits
English Idioms for Personality Traits, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For people learning English idioms are difficult to interpret, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Personality Traits, students learning English must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners content with comprehending the true meaning and acceptable usage. This list of idioms for Personality Traits makes learning easy, with common Personality Traits idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Personality Traits together.
Idioms for Personality Traits with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. A Real Firecracker
Definition and Meaning: A Real Firecracker
The expression “a real firecracker” means that she is a very energetic and lively person.
A Real Firecracker Example Sentences:
- She’s a real firecracker and always up for a good time.
Our partners were moved by your speech. You’re a real fire cracker!
I don’t know how you came up with a creative solution quickly like a real firecracker.
Definition and Meaning: Go-Getter
A go-getter is a person who is determined to succeed and is not afraid of taking risks.
Go-Getter Example Sentences:
- She’s a real go-getter — nothing stops her from achieving her goals.
- He’s a go-getter — he’s always looking for new opportunities.
- She’s a go-getter in the best sense of the word — she’s always striving to improve herself.
- If he’s not a go-getter, he should have given up on his dreams.
- She has accomplishment after accomplishment this year as a go-getter.
Definition and Meaning: Spitfire
The expression “spitfire” is used to describe someone who is quick-tempered and easily angered.
Spitfire Example Sentences:
- She’s a real spitfire when it comes to things she cares about.
- He’s a spitfire on the court.
- Don’t anger her because she’s a spitfire.
- If I were him, I would work on my temper and stop being a spitfire.
4. Live Wire
Definition and Meaning: Live Wire
The expression “live wire” is often used to describe someone who is full of energy and always on the go.
Live Wire Example Sentences:
- She’s a live wire who is always up for a good time.
- He’s a live wire who is always up for a challenge.She’s a live wire who is always full of life.
- Her sister is the life of the party and a live wire.
- If you are looking for someone to lead the group, assign Peter because he’s a live wire.
5. A Real Pistol
Definition and Meaning: A Real Pistol
The expression “a real pistol” is used to describe someone who is energetic and sharp.
A Real Pistol Example Sentences:
- She’s a real pistol when she’s in a good mood.
- He’s a real pistol when he’s trying to impress someone.
- She’s a real pistol when she’s around her friends.
- The chairman is a real pistol when closing a deal with investors.
- He got promoted because he’s a real pistol when it comes to meeting our sales target.
6. A Real Character
Definition and Meaning: A Real Character
The expression “a real character” is often used to describe someone who is not afraid to be themselves.
A Real Character Example Sentences:
- My grandfather was a real character – always telling stories and making everyone laugh
- My boss is a real character – he’s always making jokes and keeping the office lively.
- No one lights up the room like her. She’s a real character.
- Jen’s personality is unique, making her a real character no one can forget.
7. A Real Gem
Definition and Meaning: A Real Gem
The expression “a real gem” is used to describe someone or something that is very valuable or special.
A Real Gem Example Sentences:
- This software is a real gem in making my work easy.
- Thank you, dear. You’re a real gem for doing this.
- He’s a real gem when it comes to teaching Physics.
- Liza is a real gem in the field of automotive.
8. A Real Catch
Definition and Meaning: A Real Catch
The expression “a real catch” is used to describe someone who is considered to be a very good catch, meaning they would be a great partner or spouse.
A Real Catch Example Sentences:
- She’s a real catch — smart, funny, and beautiful.
- He’s a real catch — hardworking, honest, and reliable.
- You’re a real catch — thoughtful, considerate, and loving.
- What more are you looking for when you have a real catch?
9. A Smart Cookie
Definition and Meaning: A Smart Cookie
The idiom “a smart cookie” describes someone who is very intelligent or can make good decisions.
A Smart Cookie Example Sentences:
- My daughter is a smart cookie. She knows how to handle herself around people.
- He is a smart cookie. He has been able to get along well with everyone since he started school.
- The intern is a smart cookie. I have never seen anyone who can do what she does so quickly.
- You can say that the vendor is a smart cookie because he always gives you a discount, so you will buy more from him.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage and definitions?
|Idioms For After A Long Time|
|Idioms For Understanding Something|
|Idioms For Being Busy|
|Idioms For Getting Better|
|Idioms For Exercise|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it’s important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she’s not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.