English Idioms for Rain, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For English Learners idioms are hard to grasp, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, students studying English must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run across comprehending the true meaning and right usage. This list of idioms for Rain makes learning trouble-free, with common Rain idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Rain together.
Idioms for Rain with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Coming Down In Sheets
Definition and Meaning: Coming Down In Sheets
The expression “coming down in sheets” is used to describe something that is falling in large quantities.
Coming Down In Sheets Example Sentences:
- Bring an umbrella as it’s common for rain to come in sheets during this time.
- Rain come down in sheets without warning and it lasted a long while, too.
- We’re all soaked because we didn’t expect rain to come in sheets and had no umbrellas with us.
- The rain was coming down in sheets so it was impossible to see more than a few feet in front of us.
- Rain was coming down in sheets all afternoon so flooding happened in some areas of the city.
2. Raining Buckets
Definition and Meaning: Raining Buckets
The expression “raining buckets” is used to describe a situation where it is raining very heavily.
Raining Buckets Example Sentences:
- It was raining buckets outside, so I had to take an umbrella with me
- The thunderstorm was so intense that it was raining buckets
- I was so soaked after walking in the rain that it felt like it was raining buckets
- The forecast said it would be raining buckets all day, so I stayed inside
- I was so surprised when I looked outside and saw it was raining buckets
3. Saving For A Rainy Day
Definition and Meaning: Saving For A Rainy Day
The expression “saving for a rainy day” preparing for unexpected problems or finances.
Saving For A Rainy Day Example Sentences:
- Fitz doesn’t like spending on useless things. He’s always saving for a rainy day.
- There’s a line between saving for a rainy day and being an insufferable miser.
- Daisy taught me the importance of saving for a rainy day.
- Thanks to you, I have enough money saved for a rainy day or two.
- You should start saving for a rainy day. Even just a little each month can go a long way.
4. It’s Raining Men
Definition and Meaning: It’s Raining Men
The expression “It’s raining men” is a metaphor for a lot of men coming down from the sky.
It’s Raining Men Example Sentences:
- I can’t believe it! It’s raining men at the club tonight!
- I’m so excited! It’s raining men at the beach this weekend!
- It’s raining men! Let’s go out and meet some new guys!
- It’s raining men! Grab your umbrella and let’s go!
- It’s raining men! Time to get out there and find a date!
5. Right As Rain
Definition and Meaning: Right As Rain
The expression “right as rain” means something is getting better or going well.
Right As Rain Example Sentences:
- Nothing lasts forever, even sadness. You’ll be right as rain in no time.
- When will I ever feel right as rain, again?
- No other time has been right as rain as that moment.
- You can’t be right as rain all the time. That’s not normal.
- Sometimes, being right as rain is a state of mind.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and definitions?
|7 Top Idioms For Cold|
|10 Important Idioms For Bad Weather|
|7 Useful Idioms For Heavy Rain In English|
|9 Helpful Idioms For Environment|
|9 Top Idioms For Winter|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!