English Idioms for Raining Heavily, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For ESL Students idioms are hard to interpret, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Raining Heavily, ELL students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners bump into comprehending the true meaning and acceptable usage. This list of idioms for Raining Heavily makes learning painless, with common Raining Heavily idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Raining Heavily together.
Idioms for Raining Heavily with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Raining Buckets
Definition and Meaning: Raining Buckets
The expression “raining buckets” is used to describe a situation where it is raining very heavily.
Raining Buckets Example Sentences:
- It was raining buckets outside, so I had to take an umbrella with me.
- The thunderstorm was so intense that it was raining buckets.
- I was so soaked after walking in the rain that it felt like it was raining buckets.
- The forecast said it would be raining buckets all day, so I stayed inside.
- I was so surprised when I looked outside and saw it was raining buckets.
2. It’s Raining Cats And Dogs
Definition and Meaning: It’s Raining Cats And Dogs
The phrase “it’s raining cats and dogs” is a metaphor for heavy rain.
It’s Raining Cats And Dogs Example Sentences:
- It’s been pouring all day, it’s really raining cats and dogs out there!
- I can’t believe how hard it’s raining, it’s like cats and dogs!
- I’m not going outside, it’s raining cats and dogs!
- I’m so glad I brought my umbrella, it’s raining cats and dogs!
- I can’t believe how much it’s raining, it’s like cats and dogs!
3. When It Rains, It Pours
Definition and Meaning: When It Rains, It Pours
The phrase “when it rains, it pours” means something that makes life harder.
When It Rains, It Pours Example Sentences:
- He lost his job and girlfriend in one day. When it rains, it pours.
- When it rains, it pours sometimes and people become down on their luck.
- I can’t believe I missed the bus three times today. When it rains it pours.
- When it rains, it pours, doesn’t it? I was late for work today and lost an account.
4. Coming Down In Sheets
Definition and Meaning: Coming Down In Sheets
The expression “coming down in sheets” is used to describe something that is falling in large quantities.
Coming Down In Sheets Example Sentences:
- The rain was coming down in sheets, making it impossible to see more than a few feet in front of us.
- The hail was coming down in sheets, pelting the roof of the house with a loud clatter.
- The snow was coming down in sheets, blanketing the ground in a thick white layer.
- The fog was coming down in sheets, obscuring the view of the city skyline.
- The sleet was coming down in sheets, making it difficult to walk on the slippery sidewalk.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and meanings?
|7 Useful Idioms For Heavy Rain In English|
|9 Helpful Idioms For Environment|
|7 Top Idioms For Cold|
|11 Useful Idioms For Good Weather|
|1 Important Idioms For Hot Weather|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!