English Idioms for Rare, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For ESL Students idioms are difficult to make head or tail of, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Rare, English learners must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run across comprehending the true meaning and right usage. This idioms list of Rare makes learning straightforward, with common Rare idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Rare together.
Idioms for Rare with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Once In A Blue Moon
Definition and Meaning: Once In A Blue Moon
The idiom “once in a blue moon” means the occurrence of an event is very rare.
Once In A Blue Moon Example Sentences:
- Mr. Hall giving extra credit happens once in a blue moon.
- Take advantage of it. She’s only like that once in a blue moon.
- Once in a blue moon, she cleans the house.
- His boys help out with work in the barn once in a blue moon.
- This takes place once in a blue moon so enjoy it while it lasts.
2. A Snowball’s Chance In Hell
Definition and Meaning: A Snowball’s Chance In Hell
The idiom “a snowball’s chance in hell” describe chances that are very rare or unlikely.
A Snowball’s Chance In Hell Example Sentences:
- There’s a snowball’s chance in hell that you’d win the lottery.
- Getting a dollar plane ticket is a snowball’s chance in hell.
- Finding pearls when you’re not looking for them is a snowball’s chance in hell.
- Winning that prize is a snowball’s chance in hell so consider yourself very lucky.
- Hitting that mark is a snowball’s chance in hell. Who would’ve thought?
3. Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack
Definition and Meaning: Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack
“Like finding a needle in a haystack” means that the thing you are looking for is very rare and difficult to find.
Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack Example Sentences:
- This is like finding a needle in a haystack. How will we do this?
- Looking for clues in this dump is like finding a needle in a haystack.
- We’ve been looking for a cheap apartment and it’s like finding a needle in a haystack.
- Parking in this town is like finding a needle in a haystack. This is hopeless.
- Having a decent bookstore in this city is like finding a needle in a haystack.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|1 Everyday Idioms For Example|
|10 Useful Idioms For Interview|
|12 Useful Idioms For Clothes|
|10 Best Idioms For Hobbies|
|10 Helpful Idioms For Cool|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!