9 Useful Idioms For Satisfaction
English Idioms for Satisfaction, expressions, and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For English Learners idioms for Satisfaction are hard to take in and absorb, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, ELL students must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run up against comprehending the true meaning and right usage. This list of idioms for Satisfaction makes learning trouble-free, with common Satisfaction idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Satisfaction together.
Idioms for Satisfaction with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. I’m Glad That’s Over
Definition and Meaning: I’m Glad That’s Over
The speaker is relieved that something has ended.
I’m Glad That’s Over Example Sentences:
- After a long and stressful day at work, I’m glad that’s over
- After a long and drawn-out argument with my partner, I’m glad that’s over
- After a difficult exam, I’m glad that’s over
- After a long and tedious project, I’m glad that’s over
- After a long and tiring road trip, I’m glad that’s over
2. That’ll Do
Definition and Meaning: That’ll Do
This expression means that something is good enough or satisfactory.
That’ll Do Example Sentences:
- I’m not sure if this is the best solution, but that’ll do for now
- I’m not sure if this is the right answer, but that’ll do
- I’m not sure if this is the perfect outfit, but that’ll do for the party
- I’m not sure if this is the best way to fix the problem, but that’ll do for now
- I’m not sure if this is the most efficient way to do it, but that’ll do for now
3. That’s The Ticket
Definition and Meaning: That’s The Ticket
The expression “that’s the ticket” is used to mean that something is exactly what is needed or desired.
That’s The Ticket Example Sentences:
- I think a vacation to the beach is just what we need – that’s the ticket!
- Let’s try a different approach – that’s the ticket!
- Let’s get some ice cream to celebrate – that’s the ticket!
- Let’s take a break and go for a walk – that’s the ticket!
- Let’s invite some friends over for dinner – that’s the ticket!
4. Hits The Spot
Definition and Meaning: Hits The Spot
This expression means that something is exactly what you wanted or needed.
Hits The Spot Example Sentences:
- After a long day of work, a cold beer really hits the spot.
5. I Could Go For That
Definition and Meaning: I Could Go For That
The expression “I could go for that” is used to describe something that the speaker is interested in or would like to have.
I Could Go For That Example Sentences:
- I’m really craving a burger right now I could go for that!
- I’m so exhausted from work today A hot bath and a good book sounds like the perfect way to relax. I could go for that!
- I’m in the mood for some ice cream I could go for that!
- I’m feeling a bit down today A movie night with my friends would be great. I could go for that!
- I’m looking for something fun to do this weekend A day trip to the beach sounds great. I could go for that!
6. I’m All For That
Definition and Meaning: I’m All For That
The expression “I’m all for that” means that the speaker is in favor of the thing that was just mentioned.
I’m All For That Example Sentences:
- I think we should donate to the local food bank – I’m all for that!
- Let’s go for a walk in the park – I’m all for that!
- Let’s volunteer at the animal shelter – I’m all for that!
- Let’s start a recycling program at our school – I’m all for that!
- Let’s plant a garden in our backyard – I’m all for that!
7. More Like It
Definition and Meaning: More Like It
This expression means that something is more like what was expected or desired.
More Like It Example Sentences:
- I was expecting a better grade on my test, but a C is more like it.
- I thought you were going to buy a new car, but a used one is more like it.
- I was hoping for a promotion, but a raise is more like it.
- I thought you were going to take a vacation, but a staycation is more like it.
- I was expecting a bigger bonus, but a gift card is more like it.
8. Now We’re Talking
Definition and Meaning: Now We’re Talking
The expression “now we’re talking” is used to indicate that the person you are talking to is finally starting to make sense.
Now We’re Talking Example Sentences:
- Do you want to go to the beach this weekend?. Now we’re talking!
- Do you feel like ordering pizza for dinner? Now we’re talking!
- Do you want to go for a hike? Now we’re talking!
- Do you want to watch a movie tonight? Now we’re talking!
- You want to go out for ice cream? Now we’re talking!
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and definitions?
|Helpful Idioms For Losing|
|Common Idioms For Getting What You Deserve|
|Everyday Idioms For Drinking Alcohol|
|Best Idioms For Perfect Match|
|Everyday Idioms For Ending A Relationship|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.