7 Everyday Idioms For Scenery
English Idioms for Scenery, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Language Students idioms for Scenery are frustrating to make head or tail of, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners struggle with comprehending the true meaning and suitable usage. This idioms list of Scenery makes learning trouble-free, with common Scenery idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Scenery together.
Idioms for Scenery with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder
Definition and Meaning: Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder
The phrase “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” means that beauty is subjective and that different people have different opinions on what is beautiful.
Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder Example Sentences:
- I think your new haircut looks great! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all.
- Some people think that art is only valuable if it’s popular But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so it’s up to each person to decide what they like.
- I know you’re self-conscious about your scars, but to me, they’re a reminder of how strong you are Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I see a beautiful, brave person when I look at you.
- My mom always tells me that beauty is in the eye of the beholder She says that I should focus on being the best person I can be, and not worry so much about what other people think of me.
- I was feeling really down about myself today, but then I remembered that beauty is in the eye of the beholder Just because someone else doesn’t think I’m pretty, doesn’t mean that I’m not.
2. All That Glitters Is Not Gold
Definition and Meaning: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
This expression means that just because something is shiny or looks valuable, that doesn’t mean it actually is valuable.
All That Glitters Is Not Gold Example Sentences:
- Just because she’s rich doesn’t mean she’s happy All that glitters is not gold.
- He thought the job would be great, but it’s not All that glitters is not gold.
- She seems perfect, but you don’t know her story All that glitters is not gold.
- He’s popular, but he’s not a good person All that glitters is not gold.
- It’s a beautiful city, but it’s not as perfect as it seems All that glitters is not gold.
3. Still Waters Run Deep
Definition and Meaning: Still Waters Run Deep
The phrase “still waters run deep” is a proverb that means that people who appear calm and collected on the surface may actually be very complex and intense underneath.
Still Waters Run Deep Example Sentences:
- Just because she’s quiet doesn’t mean she’s not intelligent Still waters run deep.
- He may not be the most outgoing person, but don’t underestimate him Still waters run deep.
- Don’t be fooled by her appearance Still waters run deep.
- You can’t judge a book by its cover Still waters run deep.
- Looks can be deceiving Still waters run deep.
4. Appearances Can Be Deceiving
Definition and Meaning: Appearances Can Be Deceiving
The expression “appearances can be deceiving” means that you should not judge something based on how it looks.
Appearances Can Be Deceiving Example Sentences:
- Just because she’s always well-dressed and put-together, don’t assume she’s rich Appearances can be deceiving.
- He seems like a nice guy, but appearances can be deceiving I wouldn’t trust him.
- Don’t judge a book by its cover Appearances can be deceiving.
- She looks sweet and innocent, but appearances can be deceiving
- Don’t be fooled by his charming exterior Appearances can be deceiving.
5. What You See Is What You Get
Definition and Meaning: What You See Is What You Get
The expression “what you see is what you get” means that what you see is what you will get.
What You See Is What You Get Example Sentences:
- I’m not going to sugarcoat it for you – what you see is what you get.
- I’m not going to pretend to be something I’m not – what you see is what you get.
- I’m not going to try to impress you with false pretenses – what you see is what you get.
- I’m not going to put on a show for you – what you see is what you get.
- This is me, take it or leave it – what you see is what you get.
6. A Rose By Any Other Name
Definition and Meaning: A Rose By Any Other Name
The expression “a rose by any other name” means that a thing or person would be just as good if they had a different name.
A Rose By Any Other Name Example Sentences:
- A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
7. More Than Meets The Eye
Definition and Meaning: More Than Meets The Eye
This expression means that there is more to something than what is immediately apparent.
More Than Meets The Eye Example Sentences:
- There’s more to her than meets the eye.
- He’s more than meets the eye.
- There’s more to this situation than meets the eye.
- This problem is more than meets the eye.
- There’s more to this story than meets the eye.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and meanings?
|Top Idioms For Missing Friends|
|Top Idioms For Being Different|
|Best Idioms For Introduction|
|Everyday Idioms For Challenges|
|Common Idioms For Memorable Day|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it’s important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she’s not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.