English Idioms for Searching, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language. Both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For ESL Students, idioms for Searching are hard to comprehend, the reason being; Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Searching, ELL students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run up against comprehending the true meaning and accurate usage. This idioms list of Searching makes learning easygoing, with common Searching idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice. Bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let’s learn about idioms for Searching together.
Idioms for Searching with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Look It Up
Definition and Meaning: Look It Up
The expression “look it up” means to search for information about something in a book or other reference.
Look It Up Example Sentences:
- I don’t know the answer to that question, you’ll have to look it up
- I’m not sure what the capital of France is, let’s look it up
- I’m not sure what the definition of ‘onomatopoeia’ is, let’s look it up
- I’m not sure what the ingredients are for this recipe, let’s look it up
- I’m not sure what the population of China is, let’s look it up
2. Use Common Sense
Definition and Meaning: Use Common Sense
The expression “use common sense” means to use good judgement and to not do anything that would be considered stupid or dangerous.
Use Common Sense Example Sentences:
- If you want to stay safe, use common sense and don’t walk alone at night
- If you want to make a good decision, use common sense and think it through carefully
- If you want to stay healthy, use common sense and eat a balanced diet
- If you want to save money, use common sense and shop around for the best deals
- If you want to stay out of trouble, use common sense and follow the rules
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage and definitions?
|5 Top Idioms For Debate|
|9 Best Idioms For Being Busy|
|9 Helpful Idioms For Sat|
|4 Top Idioms For Being Different|
|10 Everyday Idioms For A Lot|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!