English Idioms for Selfish Person, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language. Both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For English Learners, idioms for Selfish Person are confusing to make sense of, the reason being; Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Selfish Person, ELL students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners struggle with comprehending the true meaning and accurate usage. This idioms list of Selfish Person makes learning simple, with common Selfish Person idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice. Bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let’s learn about idioms for Selfish Person together.
Idioms for Selfish Person with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. All The Time
Definition and Meaning: All The Time
All the time” means all of the time, or all of the time that something is happening.
All The Time Example Sentences:
- My little brother is always asking for candy all the time
- I feel like I’m working all the time and never getting a break
- My parents are always nagging me about my grades all the time
- My friends are always calling me up all the time to hang out
- My dog is always barking at the mailman all the time
2. It’s All About Me
Definition and Meaning: It’s All About Me
The expression “It’s all about me” is a selfish way of thinking that only considers one’s own needs and wants.
It’s All About Me Example Sentences:
- When I’m shopping, I always make sure to get what I want because it’s all about me
- I’m the star of my own show, so it’s all about me
- I’m the center of attention in my family, so it’s all about me
- I’m the one who makes the decisions in my relationship, so it’s all about me
- I’m the one who sets the rules in my house, so it’s all about me
3. As Important As Me
Definition and Meaning: As Important As Me
The expression “as important as me” means that the person or thing is just as important as the speaker.
As Important As Me Example Sentences:
- My education is as important as me, so I’m going to make sure I get the best grades I can
- My health is as important as me, so I’m going to make sure I get enough sleep and exercise
- My relationships are as important as me, so I’m going to make sure I spend quality time with my family and friends
- My career is as important as me, so I’m going to make sure I stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies
- My mental health is as important as me, so I’m going to make sure I take time for myself and practice self-care
4. Everything Revolves Around Me
Definition and Meaning: Everything Revolves Around Me
The expression “Everything revolves around me” means that everything in the person’s life is focused on them and their needs.
Everything Revolves Around Me Example Sentences:
- I’m the centre of attention in this room, everything revolves around me
- I’m the star of the show, everything revolves around me
- I’m the most important person in this company, everything revolves around me
- I’m the one everyone looks up to, everything revolves around me
- I’m the one everyone depends on, everything revolves around me
5. I’m The Most Important Person In The World
Definition and Meaning: I’m The Most Important Person In The World
The expression “I’m the most important person in the world” is a way of saying that the speaker believes that they are the most important person in the world.
I’m The Most Important Person In The World Example Sentences:
- When I’m having a bad day, I like to remind myself that I’m the most important person in the world
- Whenever I’m feeling down, I tell myself that I’m the most important person in the world and that I can do anything I set my mind to
- When I’m feeling overwhelmed, I remind myself that I’m the most important person in the world and that I can handle anything that comes my way
- When I’m feeling unappreciated, I remind myself that I’m the most important person in the world and that I should never forget my worth
- Whenever I’m feeling lost, I tell myself that I’m the most important person in the world and that I can find my way back
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage and meanings?
|9 Top Idioms For Family|
|10 Everyday Idioms For Funny Person|
|7 Best Idioms For Fat Person|
|7 Everyday Idioms For Describing A Person|
|3 Helpful Idioms For Friends|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!