5 Helpful Idioms For Short Time
English Idioms for Short Time, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For ESL Students idioms are confusing to conceptualize, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Short Time, English learners must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners face comprehending the true meaning and accurate usage. This list of idioms for Short Time makes learning easy as ABC, with common Short Time idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Short Time together.
Idioms for Short Time with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. In A Flash
Definition and Meaning: In A Flash
The expression “in a flash” is used to describe something that happens very quickly.
In A Flash Example Sentences:
- I was able to finish my project in a flash.
- In a flash, the cat ran across the street.
- I was surprised how in a flash the fire spread through the building.
- In a flash, the tornado was gone.
- I was able to do my homework in a flash.
2. In An Instant
Definition and Meaning: In An Instant
In an instant” means very quickly.
In An Instant Example Sentences:
- In an instant, the cat was gone.
- In an instant, the room was filled with smoke.
- In an instant, the situation changed from good to bad.
- In an instant, she regretted what she had said.
- In an instant, he knew what he had to do.
3. In A New York Minute
Definition and Meaning: In A New York Minute
The expression “In a New York minute” means very quickly.
In A New York Minute Example Sentences:
- I can do this in a New York minute.
- It’ll be fixed in a New York minute.
- I’m late, I have to hurry up and do this in a New York minute.
- I’m not sure how long this will take, but hopefully, it’ll be done in a New York minute.
- In a New York minute, I’ll be out of here and on my way.
4. In A Heartbeat
Definition and Meaning: In A Heartbeat
The expression “in a heartbeat” means very quickly.
In A Heartbeat Example Sentences:
- I would go to the moon and back for you, in a heartbeat.
- I would do anything for her, in a heartbeat.
- I would jump off a bridge for you, in a heartbeat.
- I would take a bullet for him, in a heartbeat.
- I would die for them, in a heartbeat.
5. In Two Shakes
Definition and Meaning: In Two Shakes
The expression “in two shakes” means in a very short time.
In Two Shakes Example Sentences:
- I’ll be there in two shakes!
- In two shakes of a lamb’s tail!
- I’ll have this finished in two shakes.
- In two shakes, I’ll have this mess cleaned up.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and meanings?
|Top Idioms For Difficult|
|Useful Idioms For History|
|Helpful Idioms For Loving Someone|
|Common Idioms For Funny|
|Helpful Idioms For Failing|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it’s important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she’s not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.