English Idioms for Sleepy Eyes, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language. Both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Language Students, idioms for Sleepy Eyes are frustrating to make sense of, the reason being; Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Sleepy Eyes, English learners must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run into comprehending the true meaning and proper usage. This idioms list of Sleepy Eyes makes learning trouble-free, with common Sleepy Eyes idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice. Bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let’s learn about idioms for Sleepy Eyes together.
Idioms for Sleepy Eyes with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. I’m Exhausted!
Definition and Meaning: I’m Exhausted!
The expression “I’m exhausted!” is used to describe how someone is feeling after they have expended a lot of energy.
I’m Exhausted! Example Sentences:
- After working a 12-hour shift, I’m exhausted!
- After running a marathon, I’m exhausted!
- After studying for my final exams, I’m exhausted!
- After cleaning the entire house, I’m exhausted!
- After a long day of shopping, I’m exhausted!
2. I’m Beat
Definition and Meaning: I’m Beat
The expression “I’m beat” is a slang term that means “I’m tired.
I’m Beat Example Sentences:
- After a long day of work, I’m beat and ready to go home
- After running a marathon, I’m beat and need to rest
- After studying for hours, I’m beat and need a break
- After playing a game of basketball, I’m beat and need to cool down
- After a long hike, I’m beat and need to refuel
3. Running On Empty
Definition and Meaning: Running On Empty
The expression “running on empty” is often used to describe a situation where someone is running out of energy or resources.
Running On Empty Example Sentences:
- After working all day, I’m running on empty and need to get some rest
- I’m running on empty and need to find a way to recharge my batteries
- After a long day of studying, my brain is running on empty and I need a break
- I’m running on empty and need to find a way to get some energy back
- I’m running on empty and need to find a way to refuel my motivation
4. Nodding Off
Definition and Meaning: Nodding Off
The expression “nodding off” is used to describe someone who is falling asleep.
Nodding Off Example Sentences:
- I was so tired after a long day of work that I was nodding off in the middle of the meeting
- I had to keep pinching myself to stay awake during the lecture, but I was still nodding off
- My grandpa was nodding off in his chair while watching TV
- I was nodding off during the movie, so I decided to go to bed early
- My little brother was nodding off in the backseat of the car during our long drive
5. Dozing Off
Definition and Meaning: Dozing Off
The expression “dozing off” is used to describe the act of falling asleep.
Dozing Off Example Sentences:
- I was dozing off during the lecture and the professor caught me
- I was dozing off while watching the movie and I missed the ending
- I was dozing off in the car on the way home and I almost missed my stop
- I was dozing off in the middle of the night and I woke up with a start
- I was dozing off in the sun and I got a sunburn
6. In A Daze
Definition and Meaning: In A Daze
The expression “in a daze” means to be in a state of confusion or to be disoriented.
In A Daze Example Sentences:
- After the accident, she was in a daze and couldn’t remember what had happened
- After the long flight, I was in a daze when I arrived at my destination
- After hearing the news, he was in a daze and couldn’t comprehend what had happened
- After the long day at work, I was in a daze when I got home
- After the shock of the diagnosis, she was in a daze and couldn’t think straight
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage and definitions?
|5 Everyday Idioms For Giving Advice|
|8 Useful Idioms For Clever|
|9 Important Idioms For Health|
|10 Helpful Idioms For Heart Touching|
|10 Useful Idioms For Exercise|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!