10 Helpful Idioms For Social Media Essay
English Idioms for Social Media Essay, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For people learning English idioms are difficult to figure out, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Social Media Essay, students studying English must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners confront in comprehending the true meaning and appropriate usage. This list of idioms for Social Media Essay makes learning easy as ABC, with common Social Media Essay idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Social Media Essay together.
Idioms for Social Media Essay with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. A Morning Person
Definition and Meaning: A Morning Person
The expression “I’m not a morning person” means that the person is not happy or energetic in the morning.
I’m Not A Morning Person Example Sentences:
- He’s always dragging himself out of bed because he’s not a morning person.
- I can tell that you’re a morning person.
- Coffee is the only thing that turns me into a morning
- I’m not a morning person, so I’m usually not very talkative until I’ve had some time to wake up.
- Jules is not a morning person so expect him to be less alert before lunch.
2. Dish Out/Dish Something Out
Definition and Meaning: Dish Out/Dish Something Out
To carelessly say or give out things to people, usually unsolicited criticism or advice when used in the context of social media.
Dish Out/Dish Something Out Example Sentences:
- Oh, so you can dish it out but can’t take it.
- Netizens are quick to dish out criticism.
- People online dish out terrible commentary on any post they come across.
- The website dished out some new guidelines that turned off its users.
- Don’t dish anything out online if you’re not prepared to take the same.
3. Surf The Net/Web
Definition and Meaning: Surf The Net/Web
The expression “surf the net/web” means to spend time visiting and looking at pages on the Internet.
Surf The Net/Web Example Sentences:
- Surfing the net has become a universal hobby.
- How much time do you spend surfing the web each day?
- I surf the net to kill time, especially when I’m waiting for somebody.
- Be sure to adjust website restrictions if you allow your kids to surf the web.
- Can you stop surfing the web for a minute and help out in the kitchen?
4. Go Viral
Definition and Meaning: Go Viral
This idiom means a fast and wide circulation of online content.
Go Viral Example Sentences:
- It’s every content creator’s dream to go viral.
- This video went viral last week.
- Wasn’t she the woman who went viral for her unfortunate comment?
- Going viral can be as terrifying and destructive as it is rewarding.
- Do you really think this comedy clip will go viral?
5. To Take (Something Or Someone) By Storm
Definition and Meaning: To Take (Something Or Someone) By Storm
To catch or captivate people’s attention or achieve widespread popularity.
To Take (Something Or Someone) By Storm Example Sentences:
- The video on octopi has taken the world by storm.
- His blog took the public by storm at unprecedented speed.
- Just you wait until this series takes the internet by storm.
- We took the online community by storm with our exposé on rude customers.
- I want to take the world by storm by showcasing my talent.
Definition and Meaning: Whistle-blower
This idiom describes a person who tells authorities, reporters, etc., some activity that has been kept secret, most usually a crime.
Whistle-blower Example Sentences:
- Robert was in contact with a whistle-blower from within the company.
- The whistle-blower was incarcerated for years before he received amnesty.
- He became famous for being a whistle-blower of corruption in the customs department.
- The former CIA agent became the whistle-blower of the greatest scandal in history.
- They’ve taken the whistle-blower in the witness protection program.
7. Behind Closed Doors
Definition and Meaning: Behind Closed Doors
Things that happen behind the scenes or are hidden from public view.
Behind Closed Doors Example Sentences:
- Who knows what happens behind closed doors?
- Things that happen behind closed doors are rarely revealed.
- I have no idea about the goings-on behind closed doors. My boss is very secretive.
- They have made necessary adjustments behind closed doors but won’t disclose them.
- An internal agent said she could give us access to what happens behind closed doors.
8. In The Works
Definition and Meaning: In The Works
This idiom describes things that are in the planning stages.
In The Works Example Sentences:
- We have a new independent movie in the works.
- They have something amazing in the works, you’ll see.
- I’m excited to announce that a sequel is in the works.
- It’s in the works so you don’t need to worry about anything.
- The new website design is in the works and will be ready soon.
9. Land (An Account/A Project/A Gig)
Definition and Meaning: Land (An Account/A Project/A gig)
This idiom means to acquire or sign a new client.
Land (An Account/A Project/A gig) Example Sentences:
- He’s nervous because he hasn’t landed a gig in months.
- We landed three accounts this week. We’re quite happening!
- It would be my pleasure to land this project.
- Has the legal department landed new accounts in the past month?
- She feels lucky for landing accounts regularly.
10. Put (Something) On The Map
Definition and Meaning: Put (Something) On The Map
To make something or someone famous.
Put (Something) On The Map Example Sentences:
- His post on climate change put him on the map.
- Our marketing strategy will put your product line on the map, guaranteed.
- Her role in the drama series put he on the map as a new talent to watch.
- This video might just put our channel on the map.
- We will help put your store on the map, so please be patient.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and meanings?
|Important Idioms For Email|
|Everyday Idioms For Writing Formal Letter|
|Helpful Idioms For Essays|
|Best Idioms For Essay Writing|
|Everyday Idioms For Writing|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.