8 Top Idioms For Something Good
English Idioms for Something Good, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For ESL Students idioms are frustrating to make head or tail of, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Something Good, students studying English must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run up against comprehending the true meaning and appropriate usage. This list of idioms for Something Good makes learning painless, with common Something Good idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Something Good together.
Idioms for Something Good with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread
Definition and Meaning: The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread
The expression “the best thing since sliced bread” is used to describe something that is very good or innovative.
The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread Example Sentences:
- This new phone is the best thing since sliced bread!
- I’m so glad we found this new restaurant, it’s the best thing since sliced bread!
- This new app is the best thing since sliced bread, it’s so easy to use!
- This new software is the best thing since sliced bread, it’s so user-friendly!
- This new product is the best thing since sliced bread, it’s so innovative!
2. It’s All Good
Definition and Meaning: It’s All Good
The expression “it’s all good” is a way of saying that everything is okay or fine.
It’s All Good Example Sentences:
- I’m sorry for what I said, it’s all good.
- I’m not mad at you, it’s all good.
- I’m not upset, it’s all good.
- I’m not worried, it’s all good.
- I’m not concerned, it’s all good.
3. A Breath Of Fresh Air
Definition and Meaning: A Breath Of Fresh Air
The expression “a breath of fresh air” is used to describe something that is new and different.
A Breath Of Fresh Air Example Sentences:
- It’s a breath of fresh air to see someone so passionate about their work.
- It was a breath of fresh air to finally meet someone who shares my interests.
- His positive attitude is a breath of fresh air.
- It’s a breath of fresh air to see young people interested in politics.
- Her sense of humor is a breath of fresh air.
4. A Step In The Right Direction
Definition and Meaning: A Step In The Right Direction
The expression “a step in the right direction” is often used to describe a situation where someone has made progress towards a goal, even if it is small progress.
A Step In The Right Direction Example Sentences:
- Finally quitting smoking is a step in the right direction.
- I think getting a job is a step in the right direction.
- I’m glad you’re going to therapy, it’s a step in the right direction.
- Reducing your drinking is a step in the right direction.
- Going to school to get a degree is a step in the right direction.
5. Music To My Ears
Definition and Meaning: Music To My Ears
The expression “music to my ears” is used to describe how pleasurable it is to hear something.
Music To My Ears Example Sentences:
- I’m so glad you’re coming to my party! That’s music to my ears!
- I was worried you wouldn’t like my new outfit, but your compliment is music to my ears!
- I’ve been working so hard on this project, and your praise is music to my ears.
- I know you’re upset about the situation, but your words of encouragement are music to my ears.
- I was really hoping you’d say that! It’s music to my ears!
6. Just What The Doctor Ordered
Definition and Meaning: Just What The Doctor Ordered
This expression means that the person or thing mentioned is exactly what is needed.
Just What The Doctor Ordered Example Sentences:
- This vacation is just what the doctor ordered.
- A new car is just what the doctor ordered.
- A raise is just what the doctor ordered.
- A new job is just what the doctor ordered.
- A new house is just what the doctor ordered.
7. The Best News
Definition and Meaning: The Best News
The best news is the news that is most positive or beneficial.
The Best News Example Sentences:
- I’m so excited! I just got the best news ever!
- I can’t believe it! I just got the best news!
- This is the best news I’ve heard all day!
- I’m so happy! I just got the best news!
- This is the best news I’ve gotten in a long time!
Definition and Meaning: Game-Changer
A game-changer is an event, action, or person that completely changes the way a game is played.
Game-Changer Example Sentences:
- The new iPhone is a game-changer in the smartphone industry.
- The new CEO is a game-changer for the company.
- The new product is a game-changer in the market.
- The new technology is a game-changer in the industry.
- The new strategy is a game-changer for the organization.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and definitions?
|Helpful Idioms For Annoyance|
|Everyday Idioms For Good Luck|
|Helpful Idioms For Necessary|
|Best Idioms For A Long Time|
|Useful Idioms For Mistakes|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it’s important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she’s not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.