English Idioms for Strange, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language. Both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For English Learners, idioms are difficult to make sense of, the reason being; Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, language learners must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run across comprehending the true meaning and established usage. This idioms list of Strange makes learning easy, with common Strange idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice. Bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let’s learn about idioms for Strange together.
Idioms for Strange with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. To Go About
Definition and Meaning: To Go About
The expression “to go about” means to do something in a particular way or to do something in a particular order.
To Go About Example Sentences:
- I’m not sure how to go about fixing this problem
- We need to go about finding a solution to this issue
- We need to go about making some changes to the plan
2. That’s A Strange Way To Look At It
Definition and Meaning: That’s A Strange Way To Look At It
The expression “That’s a strange way to look at it” is used to describe something that is not typical or expected.
That’s A Strange Way To Look At It Example Sentences:
- I think it’s a good idea to quit my job and travel the world,” said John “That’s a strange way to look at it,” replied his friend.
- I think it’s better to stay up late and sleep in the morning,” said Sarah “That’s a strange way to look at it,” replied her mother.
- I think it’s better to spend money on luxury items than save it for the future,” said Tom “That’s a strange way to look at it,” replied his financial advisor.
- I think it’s better to take risks than play it safe,” said Jane “That’s a strange way to look at it,” replied her colleague.
- I think it’s better to focus on the negative than the positive,” said Mark “That’s a strange way to look at it,” replied his friend.
3. To Feel About It
Definition and Meaning: To Feel About It
The expression “to feel about it” is used to describe how someone feels about something.
To Feel About It Example Sentences:
- I’m still trying to figure out how I feel about it, but I’m not sure yet
4. To Approach It
Definition and Meaning: To Approach It
The expression “to approach it” means to come near to it or to get close to it.
To Approach It Example Sentences:
- I’m not sure how to solve this problem, so I’m going to take a step back and approach it from a different angle
- I’m not sure what the best solution is, so I’m going to approach it cautiously
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage and definitions?
|3 Everyday Idioms For Crime|
|9 Everyday Idioms For Fun|
|7 Important Idioms For Doing Well|
|8 Useful Idioms For Hardwork|
|9 Important Idioms For Health|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!