4 Best Idioms For Stupid
English Idioms for Stupid, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language. Both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Learners, idioms are confusing to grasp, the reason being; Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Stupid, learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners struggle with comprehending the true meaning and appropriate usage. This list of idioms for Stupid makes learning effortless, with common Stupid idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice. Bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let’s learn about idioms for Stupid together.
Idioms for Stupid with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. As Thick As A Brick
Definition and Meaning: As Thick As A Brick
The expression “as thick as a brick” is used to describe someone who is very stupid.
As Thick As A Brick Example Sentences:
- He’s as thick as a brick when it comes to understanding technology
- She’s as thick as a brick when it comes to understanding math
- He’s as thick as a brick when it comes to understanding politics
- She’s as thick as a brick when it comes to understanding history
- He’s as thick as a brick when it comes to understanding literature
2. As Slow As
Definition and Meaning: As Slow As
The expression “as slow as” is used to describe someone or something that is very slow.
As Slow As Example Sentences:
- His computer was as slow as molasses
- She was as slow as a snail when it came to learning new technology
- His progress was as slow as a turtle
- The internet connection was as slow as a snail
- His recovery was as slow as a snail
3. Too Stupid To Live
Definition and Meaning: Too Stupid To Live
The expression “too stupid to live” is often used to describe someone who is so foolish that they are not likely to survive for very long.
Too Stupid To Live Example Sentences:
- That guy is so reckless, he’s too stupid to live!
- She’s so naive, she’s too stupid to live!
- He’s so careless, he’s too stupid to live!
- She’s so gullible, she’s too stupid to live!
- He’s so foolish, he’s too stupid to live!
4. Not The Sharpest Tool
Definition and Meaning: Not The Sharpest Tool
This expression is often used to describe someone who is not very intelligent.
Not The Sharpest Tool Example Sentences:
- He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to understanding complex math equations
- She’s not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to making decisions
- He’s not the sharpest tool in the toolbox when it comes to problem-solving
- She’s not the sharpest tool in the drawer when it comes to remembering details
- He’s not the sharpest tool in the toolkit when it comes to writing essays
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage and meanings?
|Everyday Idioms For Halloween Costumes|
|Everyday Idioms For Beautiful|
|Best Idioms For Heart Beating Fast|
|Everyday Idioms For Conversation|
|Useful Idioms For Saving Environment|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Bethany MacDonald has contributed articles LillyPad.ai since 2020. As their Blog Lead, she specialises in informative pieces on culture, education, and language learning