4 Everyday Idioms For Suddenly
English Idioms for Suddenly, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language. Both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Learners, idioms for Suddenly are confusing to get one’s head around, the reason being; Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Suddenly, students learning English must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run up against comprehending the true meaning and proper usage. This idioms list of Suddenly makes learning painless, with common Suddenly idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice. Bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let’s learn about idioms for Suddenly together.
Idioms for Suddenly with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Bolt From The Blue
Definition and Meaning: Bolt From The Blue
The expression “bolt from the blue” is used to describe a sudden and unexpected event.
Bolt From The Blue Example Sentences:
- When the news of the company’s bankruptcy came out of nowhere, it was like a bolt from the blue for all the employees
- When the tornado suddenly appeared, it was like a bolt from the blue for the people in the area
- When the celebrity announced her engagement, it was like a bolt from the blue for her fans
- When the test results showed that the patient was cancer-free, it was like a bolt from the blue for the family
- When the team won the championship, it was like a bolt from the blue for the players and coaches
2. Like A Thief In The Night
Definition and Meaning: Like A Thief In The Night
The expression “like a thief in the night” is used to describe something that happens suddenly and unexpectedly.
Like A Thief In The Night Example Sentences:
- The storm came like a thief in the night, leaving destruction in its wake
- The burglar snuck into the house like a thief in the night, taking whatever he could find
- The news of the company’s closure spread like a thief in the night, leaving employees in shock
- The new regulations were implemented like a thief in the night, without any warning
- The government’s decision to raise taxes was announced like a thief in the night, leaving citizens outraged
3. In An Instant
Definition and Meaning: In An Instant
In an instant” means very quickly.
In An Instant Example Sentences:
- The room went silent in an instant when the teacher walked in
- The fire spread quickly in an instant, engulfing the entire building
- The crowd erupted in an instant when the winning goal was scored
- The mood changed in an instant when the news was announced
- The decision was made in an instant and there was no turning back
4. In A Flash
Definition and Meaning: In A Flash
The expression “in a flash” is used to describe something that happens very quickly.
In A Flash Example Sentences:
- She finished the project in a flash and it was ready to be presented
- He was able to solve the problem in a flash and everyone was impressed
- She was able to learn the new skill in a flash and was ready to demonstrate it
- He was able to finish the race in a flash and won the competition
- She was able to complete the task in a flash and was praised for her efficiency
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage and meanings?
|Best Idioms For Relationships|
|Top Idioms For Everything Will Be Fine|
|Helpful Idioms For Negative Impact|
|Common Idioms For Remember|
|Helpful Idioms For Personality Traits|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Bethany MacDonald has contributed articles LillyPad.ai since 2020. As their Blog Lead, she specialises in informative pieces on culture, education, and language learning