English Idioms for Sweet Memories, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Learners idioms for Sweet Memories are hard to conceptualize, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, ELL students must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners struggle with comprehending the true meaning and established usage. This list of idioms for Sweet Memories makes learning simple, with common Sweet Memories idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Sweet Memories together.
Idioms for Sweet Memories with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. A Walk Down Memory Lane
Definition and Meaning: A Walk Down Memory Lane
The expression “a walk down memory lane” is used to describe a situation where someone is reminiscing about the past.
A Walk Down Memory Lane Example Sentences:
- I took a walk down memory lane when I visited my old elementary school.
- My grandmother loves to take a walk down memory lane when she talks about her childhood.
- Looking through old photos is like taking a walk down memory lane.
- I took a walk down memory lane when I watched my favorite childhood movie.
- My parents and I took a walk down memory lane when we visited our old family home.
2. The Best Of Times
Definition and Meaning: The Best Of Times
The “best of times” is an expression that means the best moments in life.
The Best Of Times Example Sentences:
- It was the best of times when I graduated from college and started my first job.
- The best of times was when my family and I went on vacation to Hawaii.
- It was the best of times when I got married and started my own family.
- The best of times was when I got promoted to a higher position at wor.k
- It was the best of times when I bought my first house and moved in.
3. In Someone Mind’s Eye
Definition and Meaning: In Someone’s Mind’s Eye
It means someone has a picture of something in their mind when they remember a certain thing or reminisce a memory.
In Someone’s Mind’s Eye Example Sentences:
- How we met at the park is still in my mind’s eye after all these years.
- I can see her face as clear as day in my mind’s eye.
- When my grandfather tells a story, he recalls the world war like it’s in his mind’s eye.
- The image of your mother in my mind’s eye will always be with me.
- He was so handsome in my mind’s eye that I wanted to marry him right away.
4. Commit Something To Memory
Definition and Meaning: Commit Something To Memory
This phrase means to remember something or to make sure you will never forget it again.
Commit Something To Memory Example Sentences:
- My mother committed her wedding day to memory because she wanted to recall every detail of the special day.
- It’s my favorite book, so I have committed the story to memory so I can recite it at any time.
- He will commit their first date to memory. Meeting her was a love-at-first-sight experience for him.
- I’m going to commit this recipe to memory. It is one of our family favorites.
- History may be cruel, but we need to learn from it. We must commit its lessons to memory.
5. Kodak Moment
Definition and Meaning: Kodak Moment
The expression “Kodak moment” means an event or experience which has the power to make you remember forever.
Kodak Moment Example Sentences:
- When they announced the winner, seeing the people rejoice and embrace each other was a Kodak moment.
- There are a lot of Kodak moments in the city. For example, while walking down the street, I saw a child playing on the sidewalk with a puppy.
- A Kodak moment for me is seeing my children achieve their dreams.
- Your father’s proposal is a Kodak moment! He proposed at the park where we first met.
- Your mother’s wedding day is a Kodak moment – she got married at the beach while the sun was setting over the ocean.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage and meanings?
|10 Best Idioms For Sleepy|
|8 Important Idioms For Dying|
|10 Best Idioms For Relationships|
|13 Top Idioms For Beautiful View|
|10 Everyday Idioms For Quiet|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!