English Idioms for The Word Amazing, expressions, and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Language Students idioms are confusing to make sense of, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners come across in comprehending the true meaning and established usage. This idioms list of The Word Amazing makes learning trouble-free, with common The Word Amazing idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for The Word Amazing together.
Idioms for The Word Amazing with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Blow One’s Mind
Definition and Meaning: Blow One’s Mind
This expression means something has a great and amazing effect or impression on someone.
Blow One’s Mind Example Sentences:
- His magic trick blew my mind.
- It blows my mind that he didn’t provide an expense report.
- The scenery in the north blows my mind every time I visit.
- The food in that restaurant will blow your mind.
- Nothing has blown my mind quite like his paintings.
2. Take One’s Breath Away
Definition and Meaning: Take One’s Breath Away
This expression indicates something astonishing or delightful to someone.
Take One’s Breath Away Example Sentences:
- She doesn’t know that she takes my breath away each time.
- He told me I take his breath away but I’m not sure if I believe him.
- The architecture of this mansion takes people’s breaths away.
- Her cooking takes his breath away and I finally discovered why.
- This book took my breath away so be warned.
3. Drop A Bombshell
Definition and Meaning: Drop A Bombshell
The expression “drop a bombshell” describes something very surprising.
Drop A Bombshell Example Sentences:
- They dropped a bombshell when they announced the factory’s immediate closure.
- You can’t drop a bombshell and leave us hanging. We need details!
- Pia dropped a bombshell at the party last night when she exposed the scheme.
- Be sure to be at the meeting later. I’m about to drop a bombshell on the crew.
4. Taken Aback
Definition and Meaning: Taken Aback
The expression “taken aback” means to be surprised or dumbfounded by something.
Taken Aback Example Sentences:
- Seeing him three years after our breakup had taken me aback.
- Sorry I was just taken aback by this rock you’re wearing.
- We were definitely taken aback by his resignation but it’s his choice.
- Tommy was taken aback when Delia showed up at his door.
- I was taken aback when they announced my nomination.
5. Set Someone Back On Their Heels
Definition and Meaning: Set Someone Back On Their Heels
The expression is another expression that means to surprise somebody.
Set Someone Back On Their Heels Example Sentences:
- They set us back on our heels with their impolite treatment.
- Henry set them back on his heels when he walked out on them.
- The discovery that he faked his educational history set his employers back on their heels.
- Our cultural difference might set us back on our heels so it’s vital to learn the differences.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|Idioms For Impressed|
|Idioms For Favorite Things|
|Idioms For Losing Patience|
|Idioms For Smell|
|Idioms For Success Every Day|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!