9 Top Idioms For Time Passing Quickly
English Idioms for Time Passing Quickly, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For ESL Students idioms are hard to grasp, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, language learners must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run into comprehending the true meaning and suitable usage. This list of idioms for Time Passing Quickly makes learning trouble-free, with common Time Passing Quickly idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Time Passing Quickly together.
Idioms for Time Passing Quickly with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Time Marches On
Definition and Meaning: Time Marches On
The expression “time marches on” means that time passes by quickly and that life moves forward.
Time Marches On Example Sentences:
- Time marches on, and we must move forward with our lives.
- Time marches on, and we must continue to fight for what we believe in.
- Time marches on, and we must never forget those who have sacrificed for us.
- Time marches on, and we must always be prepared for the future.
- Time marches on, and we must always be grateful for the present.
2. Time Stands Still
Definition and Meaning: Time Stands Still
The expression “time stands still” is often used to describe a moment when everything seems to stop and the world around you is frozen in time.
Time Stands Still Example Sentences:
- When I’m with my grandparents, I feel like time stands still and I’m transported back to my childhood.
3. Time Is Of The Essence
Definition and Meaning: Time Is Of The Essence
The phrase “time is of the essence” is used to emphasize the importance of timely action.
Time Is Of The Essence Example Sentences:
- When it comes to the stock market, time is of the essence.
- Get the campaign running as quickly as you can. Time is of the essence here.
- Time is of the essence. We need access to the mainframe as soon as possible.
- The situation is urgent. Let them know time is of the essence.
- Time is of the essence at the conference as they have been dealing with tech issues.
4. Time Is Money
Definition and Meaning: Time Is Money
The expression “time is money” means that time is a valuable resource and should be used wisely.
Time Is Money Example Sentences:
- I’m sorry I’m late, but time is money.
- I don’t have time to waste, time is money.
- I’m not going to waste my time, time is money.
- I don’t have time for this, time is money.
- I can’t afford to waste any more time, time is money.
5. Time Heals All Wounds
Definition and Meaning: Time Heals All Wounds
The expression “time heals all wounds” means that over time, people will forget about the hurt that was caused and will forgive the person who caused the hurt.
Time Heals All Wounds Example Sentences:
- After a few months, I was finally able to forgive my ex-boyfriend for cheating on me Time heals all wounds.
- Even though it’s been a year since your mom passed away, I know it still hurts But time heals all wounds.
- I know you’re heartbroken right now, but give it some time and you’ll feel better Time heals all wounds.
- You’ve been through a lot lately, but I promise things will get better Time heals all wounds.
6. Time Waits For No One
Definition and Meaning: Time Waits For No One
The expression “time waits for no one” means that time will not stop for anyone.
Time Waits For No One Example Sentences:
- Time waits for no one, so you have to make the most of every opportunity.
- Time waits for no one, so you have to seize the day.
- Time waits for no one, so you have to live in the moment.
- Time waits for no one, so you have to make the most of every moment.
- Time waits for no one, so you have to make the most of every day.
7. The Time Is Now
Definition and Meaning: The Time Is Now
The expression “the time is now” means that the present moment is the most important time and that it is the best time to do something.
The Time Is Now Example Sentences:
- It’s time to take action and make a change The time is now.
- If you’ve been thinking about starting a new project, the time is now.
- If you’ve been wanting to learn a new skill, the time is now.
- If you’ve been wanting to make a difference in your community, the time is now.
- If you’ve been wanting to start living a healthier lifestyle, the time is now.
8. Kill Time
Definition and Meaning: Kill Time
The expression “kill time” is often used to describe activities that are done in order to pass the time, especially when those activities are not particularly productive or interesting.
Kill Time Example Sentences:
- I’m so bored I don’t know how to kill time.
- I don’t have anything to do I’m just going to kill time on the internet.
- I don’t want to do anything I’m just going to kill time watching TV.
- I don’t have anything to do I’m just going to kill time playing video games.
- I don’t have anything to do I’m just going to kill time sleeping.
9. Make Time
Definition and Meaning: Make Time
The expression “make time” means to find time for something, usually when you are very busy.
Make Time Example Sentences:
- I’m going to make time to see the new blockbuster movie this weekend
- I’m going to make time to finish my project by the end of the week
- I’m going to make time to call my parents tonight
- I’m going to make time to go for a run this afternoon
- I’m going to make time to do some laundry this evening
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|Important Idioms For Songs|
|Important Idioms For Love|
|Common Idioms For Determination|
|Best Idioms For Fun And Enjoyment|
|Useful Idioms For Hard Working|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it’s important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she’s not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.