5 Common Idioms For Time
English Idioms for Time, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For ESL Students idioms for Time are difficult to take in and absorb, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Time, students learning English must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners have with comprehending the true meaning and established usage. This idioms list of Time makes learning simple, with common Time idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Time together.
Idioms for Time with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. There’s No Time Like The Present
Definition and Meaning: There’s No Time Like The Present
The expression “there’s no time like the present” means that now is the best time to do something.
There’s No Time Like The Present Example Sentences:
- I’ve been meaning to start working out for months now, there’s no time like the present!
- I’ve been procrastinating on studying for my exams, but there’s no time like the present to start studying.
- I’ve been wanting to learn how to cook for a while now, and there’s no time like the present to start learning!
- I’ve been meaning to call my grandparents for weeks now, there’s no time like the present to give them a call.
- I’ve been wanting to start a blog for a while now, there’s no time like the present to start writing!
2. Time Flies When You’re Having Fun
Definition and Meaning: Time Flies When You’re Having Fun
The expression means that time seems to go by more quickly when you’re enjoying yourself.
Time Flies When You’re Having Fun Example Sentences:
- I can’t believe it’s already been a year since we started dating! Time flies when you’re having fun, I guess!
- I can’t believe it’s already been two hours since we started playing this game! Time really flies when you’re having fun!
3. That’ll Be The Day
Definition and Meaning: That’ll Be The Day
The expression “that’ll be the day” is used to express disbelief or doubt.
That’ll Be The Day Example Sentences:
- I can’t believe she said she’s going to quit her job – that’ll be the day!
- He’s never going to clean up his room – that’ll be the day!
- I don’t think she’s ever going to stop talking – that’ll be the day!
- I doubt he’ll ever pass his driving test – that’ll be the day!
- I highly doubt they’ll ever get married – that’ll be the day!
4. Seasoned Pro
Definition and Meaning: Seasoned Pro
A seasoned pro is someone who is experienced and skilled at something.
Seasoned Pro Example Sentences:
- She’s a seasoned pro when it comes to public speaking.
- He’s a seasoned pro at networking and making connections.
- She’s a seasoned pro at managing her time and priorities.
- He’s a seasoned pro at handling difficult customers and situations.
- She’s a seasoned pro at creating and executing marketing campaigns.
5. Old Hand
Definition and Meaning: Old Hand
The expression “old hand” is used to describe someone who is experienced in a particular activity.
Old Hand Example Sentences:
- I’m an old hand at this game.
- He’s an old hand at fixing cars.
- She’s an old hand at baking pies.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage, and definitions?
|Everyday Idioms For Sweet Memories|
|Useful Idioms For Ending Something|
|Common Idioms For Planning|
|Everyday Idioms For Travelling|
|Top Idioms For Strange|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it’s important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she’s not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.