English Idioms for Vacation, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For ESL Students idioms are confusing to conceptualize, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, ELL students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners come across in comprehending the true meaning and established usage. This idioms list of Vacation makes learning straightforward, with common Vacation idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Vacation together.
Idioms for Vacation with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Take A Break
Definition and Meaning: Take A Break
The expression “take a break” means to stop doing something for a short period of time in order to rest or relax.
Take A Break Example Sentences:
- After working all day, I think it’s time to take a break and grab a cup of coffee.
- I’m feeling overwhelmed with all this work, I think I need to take a break and clear my head.
- Let’s take a break from studying and watch a movie.
- I’m exhausted from all this running around, I think I need to take a break and relax.
- We’ve been working hard all day, let’s take a break and get some lunch.
2. Take Some Time Off
Definition and Meaning: Take Some Time Off
The expression “take some time off” means to take a break from work or other activities.
Take Some Time Off Example Sentences:
- I’ve been working non-stop for the past few months, so I think I’m going to take some time off and go on a vacation.
- After the stressful week I had, I’m going to take some time off and relax at home.
- I’m feeling overwhelmed with all the work I have to do, so I’m going to take some time off and clear my head.
- I’m going to take some time off and spend the weekend with my family.
- I’m going to take some time off and go camping with my friends.
3. Go Away
Definition and Meaning: Go Away
The expression “go away” is a way of telling someone to leave.
Go Away Example Sentences:
- It’s hard to go away because of work.
- We haven’t had time to go away in the last 5 years.
- What month is the best time to go away?
- I paid for my parents to go away for a week.
- To which place do you prefer to go away? A beach or a mountain?
4. Get Out Of Town
Definition and Meaning: Get Out Of Town
The expression “get out of town” is often used to tell someone to leave.
Get Out Of Town Example Sentences:
- I’m so over this job, I’m ready to get out of town and start fresh somewhere else.
- I’m so stressed out, I just need to get out of town and clear my head.
- I’m so bored with this place, I’m ready to get out of town and explore somewhere new.
- I’m so done with this drama, I’m ready to get out of town and never look back.
5. Off The Beaten Track
Definition and Meaning: Off The Beaten Track
The expression “off the beaten track” means in a remote location or away from residences.
Off The Beaten Track Example Sentences:
- I like going on vacation off the beaten track.
- We’re going off the beaten track for two weeks.
- The resort is off the beaten track, which is perfect for us.
- I don’t understand why some people prefer to go off the beaten track.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|9 Top Idioms For Exploring|
|8 Everyday Idioms For Travel|
|8 Helpful Idioms For Traveling|
|8 Everyday Idioms For Travelling|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!