English Idioms for Very Good, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For ESL Students idioms for Very Good are confusing to comprehend, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, students studying English must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners contend with comprehending the true meaning and suitable usage. This list of idioms for Very Good makes learning effortless, with common Very Good idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Very Good together.
Idioms for Very Good with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Cream Of The Crop
Definition and Meaning: Cream Of The Crop
Means something or someone who has the best qualities.
Cream Of The Crop Example Sentences:
- Lucian is the cream of the crop of the retail industry.
- We’re looking for the cream of the crop from this bunch of candidates.
- He’s well known as the cream of the crop in his department.
- Under my mentorship, you’ll be the cream of the crop in no time.
- They only hire the cream of the crop so it’s an honor.
2. Color Me Impressed
Definition and Meaning: Color Me Impressed
An expression used to express that one is impressed by something, especially if one doesn’t expect it.
Color Me Impressed Example Sentences:
- You made all these? Color me impressed.
- Color me impressed! I didn’t know Audric could cook.
- Goodness! Color me impressed. He painted this in 3 weeks?
3. A Real Dish
Definition and Meaning: A Real Dish
A very good-looking or attractive person.
A Real Dish Example Sentences:
- You never mentioned that your brother was a real dish.
- Not only is she a real dish, but she’s also our school’s volleyball star.
- No one can argue that she’s a real dish, but she’s a bit dense.
- What would you do with a real dish if he’s a jerk?
- Orlando thinks he’s a real dish, but no one agrees.
4. On Cloud Nine
Definition and Meaning: On Cloud Nine
The expression means to be at someone’s happiest.
On Cloud Nine Example Sentences:
- You must be on cloud nine now that you have him back.
- The whole team was on cloud nine when they announced us as winners.
- This is what it means to be on cloud nine.
- Aren’t you on cloud nine now? I’m amazed you can still speak properly.
- I was on cloud nine at the awarding ceremony yesterday.
5. Have A Whale Of A Time
Definition and Meaning: Have A Whale Of A Time
Means having the most enjoyable time.
Have A Whale Of A Time Example Sentences:
- My children always have a whale of a time at the pool.
- I just want to have a whale of a time out in the town.
- We’re having a whale of a time at the bar. Join us!
- We can have a whale of a time just the six of us.
- Let them have a whale of a time. It’s rare for them to go on a tour.
6. On Top Of The World
Definition and Meaning: On Top Of The World
Means to be so happy that you feel so high up in the world.
On Top Of The World Example Sentences:
- She feels on top of the world when they played her son on the radio.
- This is my first time winning an award so it feels like on top of the world.
- If I were him, I’d be on top of the world but he’s so greedy.
- Annie was on top of the world when she found her birth parents.
- Nothing can bring me down. I’m on top of the world right now.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|8 Everyday Idioms For Greed|
|3 Everyday Idioms For Rare|
|5 Everyday Idioms For Clumsy|
|8 Helpful Idioms For Failing|
|9 Everyday Idioms For Attractive|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!