English Idioms for Waiting Too Long, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For people learning English idioms are frustrating to make head or tail of, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, language learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners come across in comprehending the true meaning and correct usage. This list of idioms for Waiting Too Long makes learning easy, with common Waiting Too Long idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Waiting Too Long together.
Idioms for Waiting Too Long with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Hang (On) In There
Definition and Meaning: Hang (On) In There
The expression “hang (on) in there” means don’t give up.
Hang (On) In There Example Sentences:
- Please hang in there. Lucia. It’ll be worth it.
- We need to hang on in there for Gina’s sake.
- My mother says to just hang in there but I don’t know how.
- Oh Katya, hang on in there. It will get better.
- Hang in there for a year and then you can resign.
2. All Things Come To Those Who Wait
Definition and Meaning: All Things Come To Those Who Wait
This expression means something will happen eventually as long as you wait.
All Things Come To Those Who Wait Example Sentences:
- You just need to be patient a bit longer. All things come to those who wait.
- Do you believe that All things come to those who wait?
3. Patience Is A Virtue
Definition and Meaning: Patience Is A Virtue
The expression “patience is a virtue” means it’s good to be patient.
Patience Is A Virtue Example Sentences:
- It’ll take hours, but patience is a virtue.
- Patience is a virtue, Tim. Why not a cup of tea?
- I said “patience is a virtue”, but I didn’t say I was virtuous.
4. No Hurry
Definition and Meaning: No Hurry
The expression “no hurry” means it’s not necessary to finish something quickly.
No Hurry Example Sentences:
- You don’t have to run around the house to clean up. There’s no hurry.
- No hurry. You can give it back next week.
- Four p.m. is fine. No hurry. You can call Emma when you’re done.
- Take as much time as you need to finish the painting. No hurry.
- No hurry. I didn’t mean I need it today.
5. To Try (Somebody’s) Patience
Definition and Meaning: To Try (Somebody’s) Patience
The expression “to try (somebody’s) patience” means to annoy someone.
To Try (Somebody’s) Patience Example Sentences:
- Holt’s children often try his patience, especially on the weekends.
- He swears if you try his patience one more time.
- Don’t try your Dad’s patience tonight. He’s had a long day.
6. Lose One’s/Run Out Of Patience
Definition and Meaning: Lose One’s/Run Out Of Patience
To stop being patient and become furious or take action.
Lose One’s/Run Out Of Patience Example Sentences:
- He can run out of patience very quickly, so be concise.
- Quinn lost her patience at the partners’ meetings.
- Derrick ran out of patience with the attendees.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and meanings?
|6 Best Idioms For Excellent|
|9 Common Idioms For Wrong Decision|
|9 Helpful Idioms For Personality Traits|
|7 Best Idioms For Trust|
|5 Top Idioms For Easy Things|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!