9 Common Idioms For Wishing Good Luck
English Idioms for Wishing Good Luck, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For English Learners idioms are hard to comprehend, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, English learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at LillyPad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners content with comprehending the true meaning and fitting usage. This list of idioms for Wishing Good Luck makes learning trouble-free, with common Wishing Good Luck idioms, definitions, and example sentences that clarify the meaning.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Wishing Good Luck together.
Idioms for Wishing Good Luck with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Break A Leg
Definition and Meaning: Break A Leg
The expression “break a leg” originated in the theater, where performers state this idiom to wish their colleagues good luck before they go on stage. Nowadays, this expression is not limited to theater actors, singers, dancers, and other performing arts. It evolved to show well wishes when someone joins a competition (e.g., basketball game, debate tournament), takes an exam, and attends events like job interviews, presentations, and other engagements.
Break A Leg Example Sentences:
- I heard today will be your qualifying exam. Do your best and break a leg!
- Today is your final interview—break a leg!
- Break a leg! I know you can be the MVP this season.
- I am sure you will impress the audience with your voice. Break a leg!
- The business presentation is next week. You have time to prepare, so break a leg!
2. Knock ‘Em Dead
Definition and Meaning: Knock ‘Em Dead
The expression “knock ’em dead” is used to tell someone to amaze their audience through an extremely successful or impressive performance.
Knock ‘Em Dead Example Sentences:
- The boss was so impressed with my presentation that she told me I knocked ’em dead at the big meeting.
- I’m so nervous about the chess tournament. I hope I knock ’em dead with my strategies.
- Lilly prepared well for this conference. I’m confident she will knock ’em dead.
Definition and Meaning: Godspeed
The expression “Godspeed” is a wish for a safe and successful journey.
Godspeed Example Sentences:
- I wish you Godspeed on your journey!
- I hope everything goes well for you, Godspeed.
- I’m always rooting for you. Godspeed on your plans.
- Godspeed! I’ll be thinking of you and hoping for the best,
- Godspeed on the new chapter of your life!
4. Best Of Luck
Definition and Meaning: Best Of Luck
The expression “best of luck” is used to wish someone a positive or desirable outcome in their endeavors.
Best of Luck Example Sentences:
- I wish you the best of luck in your new job!
- Best of luck to you in your exams.
- I hope you have the best of luck in your new venture.
- All the best of luck to you in your new home!
- Wishing you the best of luck in your new role.
5. Good Luck
Definition and Meaning: Good Luck
The expression “good luck” shows well wishes to someone in finding success in something.
Good Luck Example Sentences:
- I wish you good luck with your test tomorrow.
- Good luck with your new job!
- I hope you have good luck finding a parking spot!
- Good luck! I know you’ll do great.
- You will need a lot of good luck to win that game.
6. May Lady Luck Be With You
Definition and Meaning: May Lady Luck Be With You
This expression expresses that you wish a person a stroke of good luck to find them on their journey.
Luck Be With You Example Sentences:
- May lady luck be with you in finding your life purpose.
- You have to hike to get there, and the path is steep. May lady luck be with you.
- May lady luck be with the archeologists in their exploration.
7. All The Best
Definition and Meaning: All The Best
The expression “all the best” is a way of saying goodbye and wishing someone success.
All The Best Example Sentences:
- I wish you all the best after your graduation.
- All the best for your career as an artist!
- I’m confident you will be a stellar physician. Wishing you all the best!
8. I Hope Things Go Well For You
Definition and Meaning: I Hope Things Go Well For You
When a person says “I Hope Things Go Well For You,” they have a desire for the person to have a good outcome on something they will do.
I Hope Things Go Well For You Example Sentences:
- I hope things go well for you as you start your new job.
- College is an enriching experience. I hope things go well for you.
- I hope things go well for you in putting up your new business.
- This is not the end of your journey—I hope things go well for you as you go on!
- Happy graduation! I hope things go well for you in the next chapter of your life.
9. I Hope You Have A Great Day
Definition and Meaning: I Hope You Have A Great Day
The expression “I hope you have a great day” is a way of wishing that someone’s day will go smoothly as planned without problems or delays.
I Hope You Have A Great Day Example Sentences:
- I hope you have a great day at school!
- Be safe on your way to work. I hope you have a great day.
- Enjoy your trip to the beach. I hope you have a great day!
- I hope you have a great day tomorrow at your conference.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage and definitions?
|Best Idioms For Speech|
|Everyday Idioms For Charades|
|Useful Idioms For Fighting|
|Top Idioms For Starting Something|
|Top Idioms For Hard Work|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it’s important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she’s not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.