5 Common Idioms For Wrong Decision
English Idioms for Wrong Decision, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Learners idioms are confusing to interpret, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, English students must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners face comprehending the true meaning and accepted usage. This list of idioms for Wrong Decision makes learning easy, with common Wrong Decision idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Wrong Decision together.
Idioms for Wrong Decision with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Himalayan Blunder
Definition and Meaning: Himalayan Blunder
The idiom “Himalayan blunder” means an extremely bad, embarrassing, or disastrous situation because of a person’s carelessness.
Himalayan Blunder Example Sentences:
- He made a Himalayan blunder by disclosing confidential information to his boss.
- The accountant made a Himalayan blunder when he failed to file the company’s tax returns on time.
- Not consulting a lawyer before signing a contract can be a Himalayan blunder.
2. Botch Up
Definition and Meaning: Botch Up
The expression “botch up” means to make a mistake or do something wrong.
Botch Up Example Sentences:
- She picked the wrong folder out of her desk drawer. She botched up the job.
- The chef was in denial, but he knew deep inside that he had botched up the dish by adding too many ingredients.
- The students botched up the assignment because they didn’t read it carefully enough.
3. Drop The Ball
Definition and Meaning: Drop The Ball
The expression “drop the ball” means to commit a mistake or fail to do something important.
Drop The Ball Example Sentences:
- I can’t believe you dropped the ball on that project!
- You dropped the big ball with your last-minute decision to go out of town.
- He will drop the ball if he doesn’t get his work done today.
4. Honest Mistake
Definition and Meaning: Honest Mistake
It means a mistake that is not intentional.
Honest Mistake Example Sentences:
- It was an honest mistake that he miscalculated the amount of money needed to pay for his ticket home.
- The cashier said it was an honest mistake when she gave me the wrong change.
- He made an honest mistake by leaving the door open.
5. Rookie Mistake
Definition and Meaning: Rookie Mistake
A “rookie mistake” refers to a slip-up a person makes when they are learning something new or inexperienced in the area.
Rookie Mistake Example Sentences:
- The rookie mistake I made was not asking for help from someone who knew more about this subject than me.
- It is important to be careful with your money because you don’t want to make any rookie mistakes.
- Not backing up your work is another common rookie mistake in writing.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage and definitions?
|Helpful Idioms For Annoyance|
|Helpful Idioms For Busy|
|Everyday Idioms For Drinking|
|Useful Idioms For Happy Journey|
|Important Idioms For Thinking Hard|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it’s important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she’s not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.