6 Useful Idioms For Being In Love
English Idioms for Being In Love, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For English Learners, idioms for Being In Love are frustrating to figure out, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, ELL students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run up against comprehending the true meaning and correct usage. This list of idioms for Being In Love makes learning easy, with common Being In Love idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Being In Love together.
Idioms for Being In Love with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Love Is Blind
Definition and Meaning: Love Is Blind
The expression “love is blind” is often used to describe the feeling of being in love.
Love Is Blind Example Sentences:
- My friend was so in love with her boyfriend that she couldn’t see his flaws – love is blind!
- My parents have been married for over 30 years, even though they don’t always get along – love is blind!
- My sister was so in love with her husband that she didn’t realize he was cheating on her – love is blind!
- My cousin was so in love with her fiancé that she didn’t realize he was a bad influence – love is blind!
- My neighbour was so in love with her partner that she didn’t realize he was a liar – love is blind!
2. Love Is A Many Splendored Thing
Definition and Meaning: Love Is A Many Splendored Thing
The expression “love is a many splendored thing” means that love is a beautiful and wonderful thing.
Love Is A Many Splendored Thing Example Sentences:
- My love for you is like a many splendored thing, it’s so beautiful and never ending
- Love is a many splendored thing, and I’m so lucky to have found it with you
- The way we love each other is a many splendored thing, it’s something I’ll never take for granted
- Our love is a many splendored thing, it’s something that will never fade away
3. Love Conquers All
Definition and Meaning: Love Conquers All
The expression “love conquers all” means that love is stronger than anything else and can overcome any obstacle.
Love Conquers All Example Sentences:
- No matter how difficult the situation may be, remember that love conquers all
- When it comes to relationships, love conquers all obstacles
- My parents have been married for over 50 years, proving that love conquers all
- No matter how much distance may separate us, I know that love conquers all
- In the end, we all know that love conquers all
4. Love Is The Answer
Definition and Meaning: Love Is The Answer
The expression “love is the answer” means that love is the most important thing in life and that it is the key to solving all problems.
Love Is The Answer Example Sentences:
- When faced with a difficult decision, my grandmother always said, “Love is the answer
- When I asked my best friend how to make things right with my partner, she said, “Love is the answer
- When I asked my teacher how to solve a problem, she said, “Love is the answer
- When I asked my pastor how to find peace in a chaotic world, he said, “Love is the answer
- When I asked my mentor how to make a difference in the world, she said, “Love is the answer
5. Love Is A Battlefield
Definition and Meaning: Love Is A Battlefield
The expression “love is a battlefield” means that love is a difficult and challenging thing, full of obstacles and challenges.
Love Is A Battlefield Example Sentences:
- After years of fighting, they finally realized that love is a battlefield and they had to work together to make their relationship work
- She knew that love is a battlefield and she had to be prepared to fight for her relationship
- He had to learn that love is a battlefield and that he had to be willing to compromise
- She was determined to prove that love is a battlefield and that she could make it through any challenge
- He knew that love is a battlefield and that he had to be strong to survive the fight
6. Love Is A Journey
Definition and Meaning: Love Is A Journey
The expression “love is a journey” means that love is not a destination, but a process.
Love Is A Journey Example Sentences:
- My relationship with my partner has been a long and winding road, but I wouldn’t change a thing – love is a journey, after all
- I’m so grateful for all the ups and downs I’ve experienced in my life – it’s taught me that love is a journey, not a destination
- My parents have been married for over 50 years, and they still have so much love for each other – it just goes to show that love is a journey
- I’m learning to appreciate the little moments in my relationship, because I know that love is a journey, not a sprint
- I’m so thankful for all the people who have been part of my life – it’s taught me that love is a journey, and it’s worth the ride
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage and meanings?
|Best Idioms For Bad Mood|
|Everyday Idioms For Helping Someone|
|Important Idioms For Feeling Lost|
|Helpful Idioms For Being Upset|
|Helpful Idioms For Afraid|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it’s important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she’s not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.