4 Important Idioms For Being The Best
English Idioms for Being The Best, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language. Both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For people learning English, idioms are frustrating to make head or tail of, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, English learners must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners come across in comprehending the true meaning and accurate usage. This idioms list of Being The Best makes learning as easy as ABC, with common Being The Best idioms, definitions, and example sentences that clarify the meaning.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice. Bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let’s learn about idioms for Being The Best together.
Idioms for Being The Best with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. The Best Of The Best
Definition and Meaning: The Best Of The Best
The best of the best is a phrase that is used to describe something that is the best of the best.
The Best Of The Best Example Sentences:
- The Olympic athletes are the best of the best in their respective sports
- The new iPhone is the best of the best when it comes to smartphones
- The Michelin-starred restaurant is the best of the best in the city
- The top universities are the best of the best when it comes to higher education
- The luxury car is the best of the best when it comes to performance and style
2. Head And Shoulders
Definition and Meaning: Head And Shoulders
The expression “head and shoulders” is used to describe something that is much better than the competition.
Head And Shoulders Example Sentences:
- She was head and shoulders above the rest of the applicants in terms of her qualifications
- He was head and shoulders taller than the other kids in his class
- She was head and shoulders above the competition in the race
- He was head and shoulders above the rest in terms of his intelligence
- She was head and shoulders above the other candidates in the job interview
3. On Top Of The World
Definition and Meaning: On Top Of The World
The phrase “on top of the world” is used to describe a feeling of happiness and success.
On Top Of The World Example Sentences:
- After winning the championship, the team felt like they were on top of the world
- After getting accepted to her dream college, she was on top of the world
- After getting a promotion at work, he was on top of the world
- After getting married, they felt like they were on top of the world
- After getting a perfect score on the test, she was on top of the world
4. In My Element
Definition and Meaning: In My Element
The phrase “in my element” is used to describe a situation where someone is feeling comfortable and in control.
In My Element Example Sentences:
- I was in my element when I was teaching a class of eager students
- I’m in my element when I’m out in nature, exploring the wilderness
- I’m in my element when I’m in the kitchen, cooking up a delicious meal
- I’m in my element when I’m on stage, performing in front of a live audience
- I’m in my element when I’m working on a challenging project, using my problem-solving skills
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage and definitions?
|Common Idioms For Bad|
|Top Idioms For Appearance|
|Helpful Idioms For A Crowded Place|
|Top Idioms For Bad Luck|
|Useful Idioms For Bad Experience|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Bethany MacDonald has contributed articles LillyPad.ai since 2020. As their Blog Lead, she specialises in informative pieces on culture, education, and language learning