English Idioms for Raining, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For English Language Students idioms for Raining are frustrating to understand, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, language learners must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners come across in comprehending the true meaning and correct usage. This idioms list of Raining makes learning straightforward, with common Raining idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Raining together.
Idioms for Raining with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Raining Cats And Dogs
Definition and Meaning: Raining Cats And Dogs
The expression “raining cats and dogs” is used to describe heavy rain.
Raining Cats And Dogs Example Sentences:
- It was so windy and rainy outside, it was literally raining cats and dogs!
- I can’t believe how hard it’s raining – it’s like cats and dogs out there!
- I’m not going outside today – it’s raining cats and dogs out there!
- I’m so glad I brought my umbrella – it’s raining cats and dogs!
- I can’t believe how much it’s raining – it’s like cats and dogs!
2. Raining Buckets
Definition and Meaning: Raining Buckets
The expression “raining buckets” is used to describe a situation where it is raining very heavily.
Raining Buckets Example Sentences:
- It was raining buckets outside, so I had to stay inside all day
- The thunderstorm was so intense that it was raining buckets
- I was so soaked after walking home in the rain that it felt like it was raining buckets
- The garden was flooded after it had been raining buckets all night
- I had to run for cover when it started raining buckets
3. When It Rains, It Pours
Definition and Meaning: When It Rains, It Pours
The phrase “when it rains, it pours” means something that makes life harder.
When It Rains, It Pours Example Sentences:
- He lost his job and girlfriend in one day. When it rains, it pours.
- When it rains, it pours sometimes and people become down on their luck.
- I can’t believe I missed the bus three times today. When it rains it pours.
- When it rains, it pours, doesn’t it? I was late for work today and lost an account.
4. Right As Rain
Definition and Meaning: Right As Rain
The expression “right as rain” means something is getting better or going well.
Right As Rain Example Sentences:
- I felt right as rain after a power nap.
- It’s normal to feel depressed. Later, you’ll be right as rain again.
- Thank god things are as they should be. Everything is right as rain.
- This place is so refreshing. I feel right as rain here.
- Staying in the resort made the team members feel right as rain.
5. Take A Rain Check
Definition and Meaning: Take A Rain Check
The expression “take a rain check” means to do something another time.
Take A Rain Check Example Sentences:
- Something came up at work, Can I take a rain check?
- Can I take a rain check? I need to pick my daughter up.
- I’m afraid I’ll have to take a rain check on lunch.
- I need a rain check. There’s been an accident.
- I don’t feel so good today. I’ll take a rain check.
6. Saving For A Rainy Day
Definition and Meaning: Saving For A Rainy Day
The expression “saving for a rainy day” preparing for unexpected problems or finances.
Saving For A Rainy Day Example Sentences:
- My mom doesn’t like spending on unnecessary things. She’s always saving for a rainy day.
- There’s nothing bad about saving for a rainy day, but being a scrooge isn’t ideal.
- You’ve taught me how to save for a rainy day, so I have a hefty amount in the bank now.
- I’ve been saving this for a rainy day. Let me help.
- You should start saving for a rainy day. Even just a little each month can go a long way.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and meanings?
|9 Helpful Idioms For Environment|
|7 Useful Idioms For Heavy Rain In English|
|1 Important Idioms For Hot Weather|
|9 Top Idioms For Winter|
|10 Important Idioms For Bad Weather|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!