5 Important Idioms For Studying Hard
English Idioms for Studying Hard, expressions and proverbs are an important part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For people learning English idioms for Studying Hard are frustrating to interpret, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Studying Hard, ESL students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at LillyPad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run up against comprehending the true meaning and right usage. This list of idioms for Studying Hard makes learning effortless, with common Studying Hard idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Studying Hard together.
Idioms for Studying Hard with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Pass With Flying Colors
Definition and Meaning: Pass With Flying Colors
The expression “pass with flying colors” means to succeed at something in a way that is satisfactory.
Pass With Flying Colors Example Sentences:
- Review well to pass the exam with flying colors.
- Carlo passed with flying colors as the class valedictorian.
- She has to review all week to pass with flying colors on her Biology exam.
- I am very happy that I passed my English exam with flying colors.
2. Hit The Books
Definition and Meaning: Hit The Books
The expression “hit the books” means to study hard.
Hit The Books Example Sentences:
- I hit the books for an hour before my test tomorrow.
- He was hitting the books all day long.
- She’s been hitting the books since she got home from school.
- We’re going to hit the books tonight after dinner.
3. Learn By Heart
Definition and Meaning: Learn By Heart
The expression “learn by heart” means to memorize or commit a topic to memory. It is a phrase used in the context of learning, especially when referring to an important subject.
Learn By Heart Example Sentences:
- The teacher was very patient with me today as I struggled to learn my lessons by heart.
- As a medical student, it’s important to learn human anatomy by heart.
- To learn English by heart, I have to study and practice everyday.
- It’s easy to remember lessons you learned by heart.
4. Keep Your Nose To The Grindstone
Definition and Meaning: Keep Your Nose To The Grindstone
The expression “keep your nose to the grindstone” means to work diligently.
Keep Your Nose To The Grindstone Example Sentences:
- I’m going to keep my nose to the grindstone until I get my research done.
- He kept his nose to the grindstone, reviewing long hours in order to ace his exams.
- My classmates had a lot of work to do, so they decided to keep their noses to the grindstone and finish it as soon as possible.
5. Burn The Candle At Both Ends
Definition and Meaning: Burn The Candle At Both Ends
The definition of “burn the candle at both ends” is to sleep late at night and to wake up early for someone to finish a task.
Burn The Candle At Both Ends Example Sentences:
- I’m going to burn the candle at both ends tonight, trying to learn how to code.
- She was burning the candle at both sides by doing so much work in one day.
- He will burn the candle at both ends to write a story for his creative writing class.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage and definitions?
|Helpful Idioms For Primary School|
|Helpful Idioms For Elementary Students|
|Top Idioms For College Students|
|Important Idioms For Students With Meaning|
|Useful Idioms For Intermediate Students|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Valentina has always been a teacher at heart. After spending eight years teaching college-level English, she realised that her true passion was helping people learn and grow – especially when it came to learning English. She firmly believes that in order for language learning to be successful, it’s important to create a comfortable and welcoming environment where students feel safe to experiment and take risks. When she’s not writing for the Lillypad community, Valentina loves travelling, reading and going for long walks with her dog Freddy.