English Idioms for Business English, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For ESL Students, idioms are confusing to figure out, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Business English, students studying English must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run up against comprehending the true meaning and accurate usage. This list of idioms for Business English makes learning easy, with common Business English idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Business English together.
Idioms for Business English with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Break A Leg
Definition and Meaning: Break A Leg
The expression “break a leg” is a good luck charm that is said to performers before they go on stage.
Break A Leg Example Sentences:
- Good luck on your audition tomorrow! Break a leg!
- I’m so excited for your big presentation today Break a leg!
- I know you’ll do great on your final exam Break a leg!
- I’m sure you’ll ace your driving test Break a leg!
- I’m rooting for you in the race Break a leg!
2. Get Your Ducks In A Row
Definition and Meaning: Get Your Ducks In A Row
The expression “get your ducks in a row” means to get everything in order.
Get Your Ducks In A Row Example Sentences:
- Before you start your new business, make sure you get your ducks in a row and have all the necessary paperwork in order
- If you want to apply for a loan, you need to get your ducks in a row and have all the documents ready
- Before you start a new project, make sure you get your ducks in a row and have all the resources you need
- If you want to make a big purchase, make sure you get your ducks in a row and have all the finances in order
- Before you start a new job, make sure you get your ducks in a row and have all the necessary information ready
3. Hit The Ground Running
Definition and Meaning: Hit The Ground Running
The expression “hit the ground running” means to start doing something immediately and with a lot of energy.
Hit The Ground Running Example Sentences:
- After graduating from college, she hit the ground running and quickly found a job in her field
- When the new CEO took over, he hit the ground running and implemented a number of changes in the first week
- After the training program, the new employees hit the ground running and were able to start working right away
- When the project started, the team hit the ground running and worked hard to meet the deadline
- After the merger, the two companies hit the ground running and quickly integrated their operations
4. Think Outside The Box
Definition and Meaning: Think Outside The Box
The expression “think outside the box” means to think creatively, outside of the normal or conventional ways of thinking.
Think Outside The Box Example Sentences:
- Instead of trying to solve the problem with the same methods we’ve always used, let’s think outside the box and come up with a new approach
- To increase sales, we need to think outside the box and come up with innovative marketing strategies
- If you want to stand out from the competition, you have to think outside the box and come up with something unique
- To make our product more appealing, we need to think outside the box and come up with creative ideas
- If you want to succeed in this industry, you have to think outside the box and come up with new solutions
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage and definitions?
|Useful Idioms For Great|
|Helpful Idioms For Beginners English|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!