English Idioms for Time Management, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For people learning English idioms are confusing to get one’s head around, the reason being Idioms don’t make literal sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Time Management, learners must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners come across in comprehending the true meaning and correct usage. This list of idioms for Time Management makes learning simple, with common Time Management idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Time Management together.
Idioms for Time Management with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. Make Time
Definition and Meaning: Make Time
The expression “make time” means to find time for something, usually when you are very busy.
Make Time Example Sentences:
- I’m going to make time to go to the gym this week.
- I’m trying to make time to catch up with my friends this weekend.
- I’m going to make time to read a book this month.
- I’m going to make time to take a vacation this summer.
- I’m going to make time to volunteer at the local animal shelter this year.
2. Beat The Clock
Definition and Meaning: Beat The Clock
The expression “beat the clock” means that you should try your best to finish something before it ends or before the deadline.
Beat The Clock Example Sentences:
- They were trying to beat the clock but failed.
- We can beat the clock, just focus.
- They beat the clock on the Teshin brief.
- We wouldn’t be here is the team didn’t beat the clock
3. A Stitch In Time Saves Nine
Definition and Meaning: A Stitch In Time Saves Nine
The expression “A stitch in time saves nine” is an idiom that means that it is better to fix a problem when it is small because it will take less time and effort than if it is allowed to become bigger.
A Stitch In Time Saves Nine Example Sentences:
- If you notice a small crack in your car’s windshield, get it fixed right away – a stitch in time saves nine.
- If you’re having trouble with a project at work, ask for help early on – a stitch in time saves nine.
- If you’re having trouble with a class, talk to your professor as soon as possible – a stitch in time saves nine.
- If you’re having trouble with a relationship, address the issue before it gets worse – a stitch in time saves nine.
- If you’re having trouble with a task, take a break and come back to it later – a stitch in time saves nine.
4. Ahead Of The Curve
Definition and Meaning: Ahead Of The Curve
The expression means that time seems to go by more quickly when you’re enjoying yourself.
Ahead Of The Curve Example Sentences:
- Our competition is ahead of the curve. We should innovate.
- Their campaign is ahead of the curve by a clear mile.
- I like working with them because their ideas are ahead of the curve.
5. On Time
Definition and Meaning: On Time
The expression “on time” means to do something on the agreed schedule or to meet the deadline.
On Time Example Sentences:
- I’d like my assistants to deliver their reports on time.
- Didn’t they hand in their projects on time?
- What do you mean we’re not on time? Don’t we have a week more?
- Leslie thought she would be late but she was on time.
6. Every Minute Counts
Definition and Meaning: Every Minute Counts
The expression “every minute counts” means that every single minute is important and should be used wisely.
Every Minute Counts Example Sentences:
- We need to finish this project as soon as possible, so remember that every minute counts.
- We have a tight deadline, so let’s not waste any time – every minute counts.
- We have to get to the airport in time, so hurry up – every minute counts.
- We have to finish this task before the end of the day, so don’t forget that every minute counts.
- We have to make the most of our time, so let’s not waste any of it – every minute counts.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and meanings?
|Top Idioms For Hard|
|Useful Idioms For Mistakes|
|Useful Idioms For Crowded|
|Helpful Idioms For Busy|
|Common Idioms For Supporting Someone|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram!