7 Everyday Idioms For Funny Person
English Idioms for Funny Person, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For people learning English idioms are confusing to figure out, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms, students learning English must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run across comprehending the true meaning and proper usage. This idioms list of Funny Person makes learning easy, with common Funny Person idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Funny Person together.
Idioms for Funny Person with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. A Real Card
Definition and Meaning: A Real Card
The expression “a real card” is used to describe someone who is genuine and authentic.
A Real Card Example Sentences:
- My brother is a real card; he always knows how to make everyone laugh.
- She’s a real card; she always has something funny to say.
- He’s a real card; he always has a joke or two up his sleeve.
- She’s a real card; she always knows how to lighten the mood.
- He’s a real card; he always knows how to make people smile.
2. A Riot
Definition and Meaning: A Riot
A riot is a violent disturbance of the peace by a group of people.
A Riot Example Sentences:
- The crowd was so angry that it turned into a riot.
- The students were having a riot in the cafeteria.
- The protesters caused a riot in the city center.
- The fans were in a riot after their team won the championship.
3. A Gas
Definition and Meaning: A Gas
A gas is a term used to describe a substance in a gaseous state.
A Gas Example Sentences:
- She was so excited about the news that she was a gas.
- His jokes were so funny that everyone was a gas.
- After the party, the room was a gas with laughter.
- The children were a gas when they saw the clown.
- His performance was a gas and everyone was clapping.
4. A Scream
Definition and Meaning: A Scream
The expression “a scream” is used to describe a very loud and high-pitched noise.
A Scream Example Sentences:
- When the roller coaster dropped, everyone in the car let out a scream.
- When I saw the spider, I let out a scream of terror.
- When the team won the championship, the crowd erupted in a scream of joy.
5. A Stitch
Definition and Meaning: A Stitch
The expression “a stitch” is often used to describe a small, sharp pain.
A Stitch Example Sentences:
- She was able to fix the tear in her shirt with just a stitch.
- He was able to save the day with a stitch of luck.
- She was able to finish the project with a stitch in time.
- He was able to make the repairs with a stitch here and there.
- She was able to mend the broken relationship with a stitch of understanding.
6. A Trip
Definition and Meaning: A Trip
A trip” is a journey or a vacation.
A Trip Example Sentences:
- We decided to take a trip to the beach this weekend.
- My parents took me on a trip to Disney World when I was a kid.
- I’m planning a trip to Europe next summer.
- We went on a road trip across the country last year.
- My friends and I are going on a camping trip next month.
7. A Piece Of Work
Definition and Meaning: A Piece Of Work
The expression “a piece of work” is often used to describe someone who is very good at their job.
A Piece Of Work Example Sentences:
- She’s a real piece of work, always finding ways to make things difficult.
- He’s a piece of work, always trying to one-up everyone else.
- She’s a piece of work, always trying to get her way.
- He’s a piece of work, always trying to get attention.
- She’s a piece of work, always trying to stir up drama.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and meanings?
|Everyday Idioms For Boyfriend|
|Useful Idioms For Couples|
|Helpful Idioms For Loving Someone|
|Best Idioms For Soulmate|
|Helpful Idioms For Heart Touching|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.