4 Common Idioms For Normal
English Idioms for Normal, expressions and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are filled with them.
For people learning English idioms for Normal are frustrating to understand, the reason being Idioms don’t make objective sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Normal, ESL students must study and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run into comprehending the true meaning and suitable usage. This idioms list of Normal makes learning easygoing, with common Normal idioms, definitions, and example sentences which make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Normal together.
Idioms for Normal with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. As (Per) Usual
Definition and Meaning: As (Per) Usual
The expression “As (Per) Usual” is used to describe something that is habitual, commonplace, or customary
As (Per) Usual Example Sentences:
- Derek’s late, as per usual.
- As usual, we spent the weekend binge-watching another season of Game of Thrones.
- It’s business as usual with her; she never talks about anything personal.
- Of course, Pavarti said he had no money, as per usual.
- This seems like the hundredth time she introduced us to “the love of her life,” as per usual.
2. There’s Nothing Wrong With Being Common
Definition and Meaning: There’s Nothing Wrong With Being Common
The expression means that there is nothing wrong with being ordinary or average.
There’s Nothing Wrong With Being Common Example Sentences:
- I’m not the most popular person in school, but there’s nothing wrong with being common.
- My parents don’t have a lot of money, but there’s nothing wrong with being common.
- I’m not the smartest person in the room, but there’s nothing wrong with being common.
- I don’t have the latest gadgets, but there’s nothing wrong with being common.
- I’m not the most fashionable person, but there’s nothing wrong with being common.
3. Happy Camper
Definition and Meaning: Happy Camper
The expression means a person who is normally happy and satisfied no matter what the situation. However, this usually has negative undertones.
Happy Camper Example Sentences:
- The building could be on fire but Joe’s always going to be a happy camper.
- How are you happy campers doing over there? Care to help?
- Djinna is a happy camper, so no one really likes to have her around.
- I can’t stand how much of a happy camper he is. 10 minutes with him and I’m done.
4. Average Joe
Definition and Meaning: Average Joe
The expression “average Joe” is used to describe a typical, average person.
Average Joe Example Sentences:
- John is just an average Joe, but he’s always willing to lend a helping hand.
- My neighbor is an average Joe, but he’s always up for a game of golf on the weekends.
- I’m just an average Joe, but I’m proud of the work I do.
- My brother is an average Joe, but he’s always the life of the party.
- My dad is an average Joe, but he’s always there when I need him.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, proper usage and definitions?
|Useful Idioms For Beautiful Nature|
|Top Idioms For Famous|
|Everyday Idioms For Conversation|
|Best Idioms For Heart Beating Fast|
|Top Idioms For Decision Making|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.