5 Useful Idioms For Pregnancy
English Idioms for Pregnancy, expressions, and proverbs are an essential part of the English language, both spoken and written English are saturated with them.
For English Language Students idioms for Pregnancy are frustrating to make head or tail of, the reason being Idioms don’t make common sense.
To learn the meanings and usage of idioms for Pregnancy, English learners must practice and familiarize themselves with their everyday usage.
The team at Lillypad understands the pain and difficulties English Learners run into comprehending the true meaning and correct usage. This idioms list of Pregnancy makes learning effortless, with common Pregnancy idioms, definitions, and example sentences that make the meaning clear.
Learning to use common idioms and expressions will make your English sound more native, so it’s a good idea to master some of these expressions with daily practice, so bookmark this page or share it with your friends; now let us learn about idioms for Pregnancy together
Idioms for Pregnancy with Meanings, Definitions & Example Sentences
1. A Bun In The Oven
Definition and Meaning: A Bun In The Oven
The phrase “a bun in the oven” is used to describe a woman who is pregnant.
A Bun In The Oven Example Sentences:
- My sister-in-law just announced that she has a bun in the oven!
- We were so excited to find out that our best friends have a bun in the oven.
- My mom was so happy when she found out that she had a bun in the oven.
- We were all surprised when we heard that our neighbor had a bun in the oven.
- My aunt was so excited when she found out that she had a bun in the oven.
2. With Child
Definition and Meaning: With Child
The expression “with child” is used to describe a woman who is pregnant.
With Child Example Sentences:
- She was so excited to find out she was with child.
- The couple was overjoyed when they found out they were with child.
- The expectant mother was glowing with joy when she found out she was with child.
- The doctor confirmed that the woman was with child.
- The couple was blessed to be with child after years of trying.
3. To Be Expecting
Definition and Meaning: To Be Expecting
The expression “to be expecting” is often used to describe someone who is pregnant.
Expecting Example Sentences:
- They’re expecting and very happy about it.
- She’s expecting and I heard they’re twins.
- She told us she and her husband are finally expecting.
4. One Can’t Be Half Pregnant
Definition and Meaning: One Can’t Be Half Pregnant
The expression “one can’t be half pregnant” means something requires full commitment.
One Can’t Be Half Pregnant Example Sentences:
- You go big or go home. You can’t be half pregnant in this endeavor.
- They can’t be half pregnant with the budget.
- Before you agree, you should know that you can’t be half pregnant once we sign the contract.
- He can’t be half pregnant now. Everyone’s excited to work with him.
- They’ve been half pregnant during the meeting. Now they’re fully on board.
5. Pregnant Silence
Definition and Meaning: Showing
The expression “pregnant silence” indicates a meaningful or important moment of silence.
Showing Example Sentences:
- A pregnant silence remained in the hall.
- During her announcement, a pregnant silence came over the crowd.
- There was a pregnant silence throughout the reading of the will.
- The whole family was expecting some good new and a pregnant silence filled the room.
- Before she announced some exciting news, her friends waited in pregnant silence.
Looking for more examples of English Idioms with example sentences, correct usage, and definitions?
|Idioms For Best|
|Idioms For Easy Things|
|Idioms For Hungry|
|Idioms For Fast|
|Idioms For Appearance|
Learn from History – Follow the Science – Listen to the Experts
What’s the one thing that makes LillyPad so special? Lilly! She is a personal English tutor, and has people talking all over the world! Lilly makes improving your English easy. With Lilly, you can read in four different ways, and you can read just about anything you love. And learning with Lilly, well that’s what you call liberating!
For learners of all ages striving to improve their English, LillyPad combines the most scientifically studied and recommended path to achieving English fluency and proficiency with today’s most brilliant technologies!
Additionally, the platform incorporates goal-setting capabilities, essential tracking & reporting, gamification, anywhere-anytime convenience, and significant cost savings compared to traditional tutoring methodologies.
At LillyPad, everything we do is focused on delivering a personalized journey that is meaningful and life-changing for our members. LillyPad isn’t just the next chapter in English learning…
…it’s a whole new story!
Do you want to improve your English? Visit www.lillypad.ai.
William is a professional English and ESL teacher with over 15 years of experience. He has taught students of all ages, from children to business executives, and has worked with ESL learners from all over the globe. With a degree in English Education, William has developed curriculum for learners of all levels and interests. He is passionate about helping people learn English effectively and shares his knowledge with the LillyPad community. When he’s not teaching or writing, William enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.